Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think this was the worst nativity play behaviour ever.

(16 Posts)
manchester04 Thu 20-Dec-12 09:36:01

Taking a phone call during the performance. (a parent)

pinkyp Thu 20-Dec-12 09:37:01

Did they leave the hall?

LittleToyMakingMachine Thu 20-Dec-12 09:37:38

That's surprisingly common.

I read a news article the other day about a man who bit another man's finger off at a nativity play. That's pretty poor behaviour.

MoaneyMcmoanmoan Thu 20-Dec-12 09:37:39

Unless he is a doctor and it was life-saving stuff YANBU.

MoaneyMcmoanmoan Thu 20-Dec-12 09:38:11

Why did I assumeit was a he?
Was it OP?

catsmother Thu 20-Dec-12 09:39:18

I though this was going to be about kids. One of my daughter's nursery class did a wee on stage in their nativity a few years back - though I don't expect the child did it deliberately!

Taking calls is bloody rude.

JesusInTheCabbageVan Thu 20-Dec-12 09:40:18

Moaney I had to read that several times before I realised you were talking about the phone call, not the finger-bite grin

VoiceofUnreason Thu 20-Dec-12 09:41:59

I work in a theatre. Even with announcements before normal shows - let alone kids ones - to switch off mobile phones, people don't. You often hear the phone ring and the scramble to switch it off. Or worse, leave it ringing in the vain hope people don't realise it is you. Or worse still, have someone ANSWER the phone during the show and actually say "Sorry, can't talk now, am watching a play at the theatre. Can I ring you back afterwards?"

Seriously.

LRDtheFeministDude Thu 20-Dec-12 09:43:01

I did that too jesus. I must've read the same lurid children's books about snakebites and medical improvisations as you.

manchester04 Thu 20-Dec-12 09:58:32

It was a he and yes it was in the hall.

Lara2 Thu 20-Dec-12 10:07:15

Small fry - we have a family assembly each week, big no mobiles notice on our hall doors. We have had parents answer the bloody phone, chat and then get up and climb over the chairs to the back whilst still talking at normal volume during the assembly!!!

WTF???

MoaneyMcmoanmoan Thu 20-Dec-12 10:27:24

Ha ha Jesus can just imagine your confused face.

ihearsounds Thu 20-Dec-12 10:28:45

Previous ht soon put a stop to it. She would announce beforehand to switch them off, or put on silent, and not to answer them. Several people ignored it and would have conversations. She got fed up, and started halting performances, and loudly announced that the show would go on after the parent stopped talking. A few still didn't learn and ever performance and assembly it was the same parents. So she announced in the news letter that she would start naming and shaming parents lol. Amazing how quickly the calls and ringing stopped.

Fakebook Thu 20-Dec-12 10:32:14

Our ht told us to turn our phones off or put them on silent. Didn't stop us all from whipping out the iPhones and samsungs to film and take photographs though. Taking a phone call is very rude.

MrsMelons Thu 20-Dec-12 10:57:51

My SIL's phone rang in the middle of Swan Lake at the theatre once. We all expected her to quickly turn it off but NO she actually answered it to tell them she was at the theatre and she would call them back - WTF?

LadyMaryCrawleysStocking Thu 20-Dec-12 17:10:54

I work in a theatre too and we seriously debated whether to dedicate a moving spotlight specifically to use on punters whose mobile phones went off during a show.

We didn't in the end. But only because we haven't got a spare techie to operate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now