Talk

Advanced search

AIBU To Request That Zombie Threads Are Not Resurrected?

(24 Posts)
mrscrimbobash Wed 19-Dec-12 21:29:18

Can it be a permanent sticky or put in the 'Talk Guidelines'?

It's bloody infuriating. Same threads EVERY year.

RightUpMyRue Wed 19-Dec-12 21:31:06

If threads which get repeated all the time were banned there would be no threads. Mumsnet would die.

CajaDeLaMemoria Wed 19-Dec-12 21:32:07

I don't think MrsCrimbo means not discussing the same topics, that's inevitable. I think she means posting on very old threads.

mrscrimbobash Wed 19-Dec-12 21:33:10

No I don't mean repeat threads, I mean Zombie threads.

Zombie Thread= Threads that are a year old or even older and somebody searches the archive and posts on them which bumps them up to 'Active Threads' again.

kim147 Wed 19-Dec-12 21:33:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RightUpMyRue Wed 19-Dec-12 21:34:45

Some old threads are worth resurrecting occasionally though. They're very funny.

mrscrimbobash Wed 19-Dec-12 21:34:47

I will hunt you down and bury you in biscuits if that happens kim!

mrscrimbobash Wed 19-Dec-12 21:36:15

Classics or relevant threads that are being discussed fair enough, but a lot of it is just dreary old day to day things with new posters coming on to say 'Oh me too!'

I wish that threads could be locked after a period of time, it's easy enough to link to a relevant thread rather than bump an old one.

Scrubber Wed 19-Dec-12 21:36:19

Thought you meant actual zombies. Mumsnet wouldn't be the same without discussing zombie plans.

mrscrimbobash Wed 19-Dec-12 21:37:35

Sorry to disappoint Scrubber. There's a poster called Zombie who often posts in a zombie style- t'is very funny.

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 19-Dec-12 21:42:10

I posted on one last night, didn't realise it had been resurrected. I agree, it's really annoying.

Apart from the one where someone posted the only reply to their own thread like a year later, that was quite funny.

Proudnscaryvirginmary Wed 19-Dec-12 21:42:17

Can we have a ban on people telling us how to post on/use Mumsnet please?

No, I won't always read all 7 million pages of a thread before I post.

Yes, I will sometimes resurrect an old thread if it seems relevant.

Yes, I will only post on AIBU, Relationships and Chat because they're the only boards I'm interested in.

smile

blonderthanred Wed 19-Dec-12 21:43:55

Just bookmarking this thread for next year.

mrscrimbobash Wed 19-Dec-12 21:43:56

Oh it was a pram review wasn't it Schro?- my sides hurt from laughing. She never came back either even though we tried to hunt her down!!

Proud- Naw.*puts foot down* wink

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 19-Dec-12 21:45:57

Yeah it was, bloody hilarious. grin

How embarrassing would that be!

mrscrimbobash Wed 19-Dec-12 21:49:25

I just went through every Pram thread this year and can't find it. Thought it would be obvious due to number of posts.

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 19-Dec-12 21:51:41

I know it has been linked on threads latelyish. Will try and have a search.

mrscrimbobash Wed 19-Dec-12 21:52:22

Oh no, i've been sucked in by Classics. No present wrapping will get done tonight!

BumpingFuglies Wed 19-Dec-12 21:55:01

I trust IamtheZombie has been consulted on this? grin

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 19-Dec-12 21:55:25

I can't find it. confused

And there is no way I am even going to venture into classics, I'll still be there on Xmas day if I do!

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 19-Dec-12 21:56:29

She'll likely be along soon anyway Bumping, the last time I shouted ZOMBIE!! on a zombie thread she appeared on it right after me! confused

milkbottle Tue 12-Jul-16 03:22:37

Yes I despise it when zombie thread are reanimated! Always catches me outangry

KittensandKnitting Tue 12-Jul-16 03:31:29

Wonders if milkbottle has been waiting in the wings for three years just to make this post...

claraschu Tue 12-Jul-16 03:37:56

Why do some Zombie threads have a Zombie warning on them (from MNHQ) and others don't? Does anyone know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now