Talk

Advanced search

to not bother putting up my christmas cards

(15 Posts)
fixarupa Wed 19-Dec-12 14:51:56

I really can't be arsed this year. I have lost my little mini peg things and string I use every year to put them up. I am being extremely lazy this year and only sent cards 'cos my Dh said it would be mean not to! Also Dd 4.5 has 30+ of those tiny kids cards. Its going to take me ages and I am inclined not to bother.

Dollydowser Wed 19-Dec-12 15:01:58

I leave most of mine in a pile on the fireplace, put up family ones in the lounge as they will probable expect to see them. I am not a fan of Christmas cards.

alicetrefusis Wed 19-Dec-12 15:06:37

No, not bu ( see my thread about christmas)
With a few exceptions, I bin the few that still arrive after I stopped sending two years ago.

fixarupa Wed 19-Dec-12 15:15:54

I have a huge pile on my fridge about to avalanche next time I open the door. I will lay my cards on the table (sorry, couldn't resist) and say if my husband is bothered than he can bloody well do the poxy job.

BooBooChicken Wed 19-Dec-12 15:18:25

I usually string my cards up in the lving rom but like you, i couldn't be fussed so they are now in a little wicker and red gingham basket i had knocking about, on the kitchen window ledge. I reckon i am more likely to browse through them there than when they're strung up

fluffyraggies Wed 19-Dec-12 15:23:27

What is it with christmas cards? I have yet to find a satisfactory way of displaying the darn things.

In my old house i resorted to drawing pins in the back of the stripped wood living room door in the end, as all the blue tac, peggy string, dangling cotton and peely pad things in the world wouldn't keep them stuck up for more than an hour (Dont know what was wrong with our walls confused ) and the little holes didnt show in the wood.

Cant ever do window ledges as i have cats who delight in knocking them all down.

Dinning table gets used too much for having cards over it.

Now we are in a house with a living room with nice smooth minimalist walls and painted woodwork which DH and i don't want to put sticky stuff on or little holes in.

Sooo, i've been sticking cards up the banisters in the hall this year. I started with cellotape - they fell down one by one overnight. I heard them go. Now they're stuck with loops of big brown parcel tape. They're only just about hanging on, and it doesn't look too good either. Wont be doing it next year. humph.

End of boring rant grin (1st world problem?)

starfishmummy Wed 19-Dec-12 15:24:15

Yanbu.

We were at the pils on Sunday and her house was covered in the blooming things. She keeps ones she likes and they come out year after year -so she can boast about how many she has!!

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Wed 19-Dec-12 15:31:39

I have mine in a pile on the book case. That's as far as they always get. Sometimes I don't even bother opening the envelopes.

I tell people this, but they still persist in sending the fecking things.

LadyMargolotta Wed 19-Dec-12 15:33:02

The best way is just to pin up a string and put them on that. I love recieving Christmas cards.

PinkFairyTaleOfNewYork Wed 19-Dec-12 15:38:14

I only ever put my my special ones all the rest get left in a pile the binned. I really don't like Christmas cards

Sparklingbrook Wed 19-Dec-12 15:50:14

I do the same as Pink. We have nowhere to put them up. Special ones on the fireplace, others in a pile.

piprabbit Wed 19-Dec-12 15:53:43

I tie a long piece of ribbon from one end of my curtain pole to the other. Family cards go on the fireplace. Non-family cards get hooked over the ribbon.

The children stick their class ones to the partition doors with blu tack but I don't help

worsestershiresauce Wed 19-Dec-12 15:58:56

I put them in a pile in the corner, and then when DH isn't looking bin them. Can't stand the things. I only send them to very close family (who would be offended if they didn't get one).

valiumredhead Wed 19-Dec-12 16:28:41

I have one of those metal tree card holder things - works a treat and keeps them 'contained.' grin

valiumredhead Wed 19-Dec-12 16:28:50

I have one of those metal tree card holder things - works a treat and keeps them 'contained.' grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: