Talk

Advanced search

Aargh ELC and City Link - am losing will to argue

(6 Posts)
Nubbin Wed 19-Dec-12 09:31:39

So Dd birthday last Friday. Other supplier let me down so bought a dolls house and furniture from ELC on Wed morning on line and paid for next day delivery.

Thurs - no delivery... Fri... deliver half of it......Mon no delivery......Tue no delivery...now being told might be tomorrow but may not be before Christmas. I have called and called and called.

AIBU to be completely hacked off. This was a v expensive buy for me - sort of a joint birthday/ Christmas and now Dd has neither. Can't really afford to replace. The customer service is just shocking. Has anyone had any joy with getting ELC to commit to replacing a delivery or getting something out?

SledsImOn Wed 19-Dec-12 09:34:01

I'm sorry. How appalling. I don't use ELC but I do know citylink are absolutely shite.

It sounds like it may never show up - can you get to a store and buy it instead, and ask to cancel the order?

Nubbin Wed 19-Dec-12 09:41:59

They won't refund until I can return the goods (which I can't because I don't have them). Getting to the point where I don't really want it because I'll be tempted to kick it every time I walk past it at this rate.

SledsImOn Wed 19-Dec-12 09:44:00

You are entitled under the sale of goods act to cancel an order within 7 days - or it may be even longer than that.

Look at T&C on ELC website and see what it says specifically about cancelling an order, rather than returning something.

They are messing you about.

SledsImOn Wed 19-Dec-12 09:45:34

'Cancellations

You may cancel your order if it has not been despatched or within 8 working days of receipt of the goods. If you wish to cancel your order, please email us at contactus@elc.co.uk or call our Customer Services team at 0871 231 3511 or write to us at Customer Services, Cherry Tree Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 6SH. We will refund the cost of your order including delivery charge if the order has not been despatched or you have informed us of the cancellation within 8 working days of the receipt of goods. You must pay for the return postage. '

From here

Nubbin Wed 19-Dec-12 10:00:36

Thanks - will still leave me without funds until after Christmas. Hey ho - she's three and in grand scheme of things just a petty annoyance. She spent most of her birthday playing with the paper cups (which she is still sleeping with) so in the excitement of the day doubt present will be much missed. Still irritating though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now