Talk

Advanced search

To think sleepover may be possible

(5 Posts)
badbelinda Tue 18-Dec-12 21:24:48

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but am in a dilemma about DS aged 8, he bed-wets fairly often although can go several nights without doing so. His BF has sent invitation for sleep-over with just DS and 1 other boy for BF's birthday. DS is understandably anxious but would like to go. BF not a particularly sympathetic child and I think if he found out would give DS a hard time. I know BF's Mum well enough to have a frank conversation about situation and wondered about DS taking his own sleeping bag and would hope that if he's going to bed quite late he would be ok, but I can't bear the thought of things going wrong and him being upset and word going round at school about it etc. Should we just say he can't go or has anyone got any other top tips for this situation? I worry that using pyjama pants wouldn't be very discreet. We've also tried desmopressin medication once in the past without success. Thanks for any suggestion / comments, BadBelinda x

McChristmasPants2012 Tue 18-Dec-12 21:28:32

i use drynight for DS aged 6 and he wear boxer over them.

i have used drylike me, but used 2 pads

www.drylikeme.com/frequently-asked-questions

badbelinda Tue 18-Dec-12 21:45:06

bump

canyou Tue 18-Dec-12 23:06:17

could he wear fleece type track ends instead of pajamas they would make dry nights more discreet?
Also leave his change of clothes etc in a bag in the bathroom so he can change/dispose of them in private?

SassySask Tue 18-Dec-12 23:10:50

I really think PJ-pants is the way forward and the only real way he can keep it to himself if the worst does happen. Teach him how to take them off and dispose of them too so he is confident doing it. It's really nice that you can have a conversation with BF's mum, that's a really good idea smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now