Talk

Advanced search

Christmas has taken DH by surprise again! (lighthearted)

(5 Posts)
Tailtwister Tue 18-Dec-12 09:48:33

AIBU to think that Christmas comes at the same time each year, so it really shouldn't be any surprise to DH that his family cards need to be written? Each year is the same. He has a lot of relatives and he leaves it until the last gasp to do their cards. Usually I relent and do them as some of his older relatives will no doubt blame me if they don't receive a card.

WIBU just to let it go this year? I'm fed up doing them and maybe if I don't help out this time he'll be more organised next year. I will make sure his immediate family are done (parents, GP's, sister etc), but not the others.

Anyone else's DH like this or do you do all the cards?

Jingleallthejay Tue 18-Dec-12 09:50:20

ive let it go this year dh thinks christmas can be done in a 'coupla hours' he said to me last night what have YOU still to do, I said WE need to get some things and could HE run me into town and to the supermarket he went a funny colour, YANBU

Paiviaso Tue 18-Dec-12 09:54:47

I don't write them, but I have to prod DP repeatedly until he does grin

BigShinyBaubles Tue 18-Dec-12 09:56:04

We dont send cards. Haven't for years.

NorbertDentressangle Tue 18-Dec-12 10:01:42

oooh, can I have a little rant please.......

With my DP its not just the cards and presents thing its also the timing work so that he can finish in time for Xmas.

Once again this year we're in the last week before Xmas and hes got x, y and z still to do at work in order to finish a job (self-employed) and is stressing about not having time to do it yet for weeks he's been not using his time productively eg. taking long lunch breaks, finishing early, not prioritizing properly.

Its the same every bloody Xmas (and before we go on holiday in the summer too).

Rant over. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now