Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be upset over my christmas present before I've even opened it

(255 Posts)
happyinherts Mon 17-Dec-12 19:21:45

DH went out with his christmas bonus today to buy us (me, DD, and DS) a little something for christmas.

DD and DS already have presents bought jointly from us. Anyway while I was at work he has wrapped them and placed under tree. I spot mine labelled 'to mum' - and I'm quite upset about it although not mentioned it and whatever is inside may be really really lovely - it's boxed shaped at the moment.

Am I being a selfish stupid bitch or would you be upset if your DH labelled your present in this way??

MrsKeithRichards Mon 17-Dec-12 19:22:58

Maybe it's from the kids?

peaceandlovebunny Mon 17-Dec-12 19:23:21

is it supposed to be from the children?

if he thinks of you as 'mum', he may need a few reminders that you're not...

ImperialBlether Mon 17-Dec-12 19:23:47

Just say, "Why is your mum's present under the tree?" When he looks confused, say, "I'm not your mother, you daft lummox! I'm happyinherts and don't you ever forget it!"

Then pass him a pen and a new label and that's the end of it.

HaveYourselfAMardyLittleXmas Mon 17-Dec-12 19:23:50

Er - there are worse things to worry about tbh. At least you have a present. Maybe he sees it as a joint present from him and the kids.

drinkyourmilk Mon 17-Dec-12 19:24:15

You are annoyed because he got a present for you on behalf of your children?

VivaLeBeaver Mon 17-Dec-12 19:25:48

Did your kids do the labelling?

Dd has wrapped and labelled all our family presents and has put my dads first name on his present rather than writing dad.

Theicingontop Mon 17-Dec-12 19:26:09

I really wouldn't care. But if it's so important to you, just tell him?

SantasENormaSnob Mon 17-Dec-12 19:26:21

Isn't it off the children?

Yabu

I can't see the big deal tbh.

RogueEmployee Mon 17-Dec-12 19:27:01

I write my presents to DH "To Daddy". Our dc aren't old enough to buy their own.

I thought it was sweet - best check he isn't offended!

squeakytoy Mon 17-Dec-12 19:27:26

I seriously would not get worked up over something as trivial as this.

everlong Mon 17-Dec-12 19:28:11

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Mon 17-Dec-12 19:28:16

Are you the sort of person that would complain if there wasn't a present under the tree addressed 'To Mum' as well?

MrsKeithRichards Mon 17-Dec-12 19:28:33

Rouge he'll be on dadsnet saying how upset he is with you!

MogTheForgetfulCat Mon 17-Dec-12 19:28:35

I would not be happy with DH if he referred to me as 'Mum' other than if the present was from the kids - which it doesn't sound like from the OP, as it was from DH with his Christmas bonus. So, YANBU - I would be upset, too.

happyinherts Mon 17-Dec-12 19:29:05

Kids have spent their own money on us, wrapped and addressed their parcels correctly.

No -drinkyourmilk - where on earth did you get the idea it was on behalf of your children. They spend their own money

I have morphed into an adult person's mother in their mind - just feeling slightly resentful and I may take up Imperial's suggestion

holidaysarenice Mon 17-Dec-12 19:29:13

I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

You kids where probably ecited at being involved in buying 'mummys present from daddy'

MogTheForgetfulCat Mon 17-Dec-12 19:29:25

Ouch, everlong

bluebiscuit Mon 17-Dec-12 19:30:01

Whatever is wrong with "To Mum"?

Mine say "mummy" on them. I have written "daddy" on DH's. Those are our family titles!

OK, I am not DH's mummy, but he isn't my daddy either. Those to my father are labelled Grandad. He isn't my grandad, but that's his family title.

I think you seriously have your knickers in a twist over nothing.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 17-Dec-12 19:30:04

I would honestly see it as he's putting his kids feelings before his own. That he he's told them its from all of them when in reality you know and he knows its from him.

gettingeasier Mon 17-Dec-12 19:30:43

Err seriously ?

Its meant to be from your DC as I take it they are young ?

HaveYourselfAMardyLittleXmas Mon 17-Dec-12 19:30:44

If my DH did that to me, I'd take the piss out of him until he changed it, rather than brooding.

TidyDancer Mon 17-Dec-12 19:30:52

Omg, are you really upset about this? Is there more to it? There must be....

I am stunned that this alone would even bother someone.

MikeLitorisHasChristmasLights Mon 17-Dec-12 19:30:56

Wtf?

Your dh has gone out and bought you a gift on behalf of your dc and you have a problem with that?

Why do I get the feeling you would find fault no matter what he did.

You need to get a serious grip.

bluebiscuit Mon 17-Dec-12 19:31:06

Oh, and I have labelled my brother's present to Uncle X. He isn't my uncle, so what?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now