Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To expect WH Smiths not to run out of stamps

(13 Posts)
stella1w Mon 17-Dec-12 09:13:49

And to expect the sales assistant to be sorry and not gleeful about it.. No wonder they are struggling.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Mon 17-Dec-12 09:23:14

I am boycotting whsmiths since they sold me a promotional gift card with a ridiculously short expiry date (of weeks!) and they refuse to budge and refund me when I've told them that they have acted unreasonably.

heyannie Mon 17-Dec-12 09:26:58

I haven't found anywhere else that sells the Oreo Dairy Milk so while that fact still remains I will probably keep them in business.

catsmother Mon 17-Dec-12 09:37:33

I'm amazed anywhere's sold out of stamps the price they are .......

samandi Mon 17-Dec-12 09:41:50

WHSmith are a bit crap in general these days.

pinkdelight Mon 17-Dec-12 09:50:27

I went around 8 shops yesterday that had run out of stamps, and when I finally managed to buy some, the post box was so full, I had to go on to the next one. Clearly there's a rush on. I'm no fan of WH Smiths, but I think YAB a bit U. These things happen, and shop assistants can be annoying in all manner of ways. At least she wasn't gassing on her mobile whilst she served you. Move on...

KindleMum Mon 17-Dec-12 09:51:32

I popped into the Sainsburys cafe here last week as had 15 minutes to kill between finishing shopping and collecting son from school - queued, asked for a tea and was told that they were out of tea and that their supplies had run out the day before and they were waiting for a delivery! I was almost speechless - it's Sainsburys for goodness sake, all they had to do was have a member of staff walk to the other end of the shop and pick up a couple of boxes of teabags!

I guess they had some issue with how to allocate or account for it but surely a little bit of common sense could have been used! At the very least, a sign saying they'd run out of tea so that people didn't waste time queuing.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Mon 17-Dec-12 10:46:29

That is rather daft of them kindle!

Couple of weeks ago our giant sainsburys had run out of ready roll icing and marzipan.

Floopy21 Mon 17-Dec-12 11:36:21

Sometimes people run out of things...get over it.

Pandemoniaa Mon 17-Dec-12 11:40:27

Our local branch of W H Smith are legendary for their crapness. Sure, people do run out of things. But it isn't as if Christmas has come as any sort of surprise and if you are W H Smith it'd be fairly sensible to do some basic stock control (easy enough now everything is computerised) and make sure that the very things people are likely to want to buy are available.

MrsKeithRichards Mon 17-Dec-12 11:43:22

£6 for a dozen stamps is fucKing outrageous.

NatashaBee Mon 17-Dec-12 11:47:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fedupofnamechanging Mon 17-Dec-12 13:43:36

I was in there the other day and they were charging £3.50 for a bottle gift bag!

Managed to get one in Wilkinsons for 89 pence. With prices like that, they don't deserve to stay in business.

The only things they don't over charge on are things that have a standard price, like newspapers and magazines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now