Talk

Advanced search

to think DH should skip his martial arts class this week?

(80 Posts)
EleanorGiftbasket Mon 17-Dec-12 08:07:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AgentProvocateur Mon 17-Dec-12 08:08:53

LTB. wink

EleanorGiftbasket Mon 17-Dec-12 08:12:05

sassytheFIRST Mon 17-Dec-12 08:18:16

Sympathies - I have a martial arts bloke too (tae kwon do black belt). I am as supportive as my patience allows wink leading up to gradings but then he is expected to cut attendance right back and pitch in. It took time to get the message home but we are there now wink

TrillsCarolsOutOfTune Mon 17-Dec-12 08:20:58

Can he stay up late and do it after the class?

SHoHoHodan Mon 17-Dec-12 08:21:10

I'm actually quietly impressed that he can even be contemplating training this week at all- after my last grading it took a full four days to recover! grin.

He's being a bit thoughtless but if he can get the presents wrapped and any other tasks done before Wed then why not?

MrsKeithRichards Mon 17-Dec-12 08:21:22

Just make a start on the wrapping, don't let things like this consume you.

SHoHoHodan Mon 17-Dec-12 08:22:49

But maybe hide his training gear (do they wear a gi btw? not sure) until then. Or bury it at the bottom of the bag of presents so he HAS to wrap them before he can go...

drownangels Mon 17-Dec-12 08:25:59

He can help when he comes home.

I don't think it is anything to get your knickers in a twist
(says me, who hasn't got any presents yet, was working all weekend and is out 4 nights this week. DH has sorted the tree and bought the kids presents!)

EleanorGiftbasket Mon 17-Dec-12 08:33:53

mirai Mon 17-Dec-12 08:38:09

Meringue33 Mon 17-Dec-12 08:38:41

Break it into ten minute manageable chunks. And tell him you're wrapping 25 gifts and leaving the other 25 for him, he can do them on Christmas Eve if not before

motherinferior Mon 17-Dec-12 08:47:54

Do your bit, leave his bit. It's wrapping. I personally am planning to embark on wrapping at 8pm on Christmas Eve, with booze.

motherinferior Mon 17-Dec-12 08:48:15

Or just leave him the lot to wrap, probably fairer all round.

MrsHoarder Mon 17-Dec-12 08:55:43

Possibly he should, but unfortunately he is a free-willed adult who chooses what his priorities are. If you've asked him and don't want to have a row then you might have to grit your teeth and have mulled wine whilst you enjoy a peaceful evening. Do you get to go out regularly too?

LittleMissKitschmas Mon 17-Dec-12 08:59:26

Snap judgement here , but he sounds like a selfish muppet. I'd superglue Christmas paper to his kit... Subtle and stylishgrin

EleanorGiftbasket Mon 17-Dec-12 09:15:05

Startail Mon 17-Dec-12 09:15:49

You mean you don't wrap presents at 1 am on Christmas morning?

Very organised indeed.

I do think one night out this week, not two. (I'm off for one, so can't complain at that).

EleanorGiftbasket Mon 17-Dec-12 09:16:22

Jingleallthejay Mon 17-Dec-12 09:22:50

Just make a start on the wrapping just do it you are getting hyped up and stressed about it, I know he is being a PITA about his club but how long does it last is he out all night, just tell him to shift his arse and help don't get yourself in a tizz it isn't worth it,

heyannie Mon 17-Dec-12 09:24:11

Wrap 49 presents and take his back to the shop for a refund. Can't you get the kids to help you both with presents that are not theirs? I used to love wrapping presents when I was a kid even though I was shit at it. Still am blush. Honestly, even if he is going to martial arts (for a couple of hours) there is still time in an evening when he gets home so I don't see why he shouldn't be able to do both. 10pm isn't that late. Hand him the scissors and paper as soon as he gets home and leave him to it.

Jingleallthejay Mon 17-Dec-12 09:24:47

some people can't see past their own nose sometimes DH thinks we can do christmas shopping in a 'couple of hours' and is really surprised when we dont get finished , EVERY YEAR FOR 19 YEARS he thinks we can do it in a coupla hours <rolls eyes>

EleanorGiftbasket Mon 17-Dec-12 09:42:22

ArtexTheHallWithBoughsOfMonkey Mon 17-Dec-12 09:46:39

I think you should take up martial arts and get all Chun Li on his ass.

SolidGoldFrankensteinandmurgh Mon 17-Dec-12 09:48:46

It is a bit cultural, unfortunately. Even genuinely nice men tend to have this fallback position of 'Oh, she'll do it, she hasn't got an Important Penis to get in the way.' (And I've met you and your H and know he's a nice chap). Because there's still centuries of conditioning to the effect that all this stuff (presents, wrapping, preparing, Making It Happen For Everyone) is fundamentally women's work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now