Talk

Advanced search

To think we have no DC so why the hell are we co-sleeping.....

(27 Posts)
Hegsy Mon 17-Dec-12 01:34:20

With the bloody cat. And he's roasting and taking up about half the bed and I can't sleep. Grrr WIBU to throw something because I know he'll chase it?

MrsMushroom Mon 17-Dec-12 01:54:25

Lol. Our DC are 8 and 4 and we're JUST getting our bed back...when we got a rescue Siamese who insists on co-sleeping!

He's massive and hot and likes to be between DH and I....there's nowt you can do about it I'm afraid. Our sticks one claw in your back if you're not generous enough with space.

SparklyTwinkles Mon 17-Dec-12 01:54:52

YABU!!! Did you not realise that our cats are here to be worshipped? They should be allowed to do what they want when.they want! And co-sleeping? Your lucky cat even lets you in bed with him! grin

Hegsy Mon 17-Dec-12 02:00:54

I think the wee shits trying to kill me. I just got up to go to the toilet. He walked JUST in front of me the whole time then stopped and I nearly went head first down the loo! He stood in front of me for a scratch whilst I was in the toilet. Back to bed and he's back at my feet.........can't believe even peeing is no longer a private moment! grin

SparklyTwinkles Mon 17-Dec-12 02:05:54

Cats rule the roost im afraid grin mine are right perverts. Whenever dp or i go toilet theres sure to be a little paw underneath the gap in the door trying to open it. Worst bit is mine are girls!

sparkleyangel Mon 17-Dec-12 02:10:43

Ive got three they all follow me to the loo and when I flush they all look in the bowl lol

MrsMushroom Mon 17-Dec-12 02:11:17

angel grin

monsterchild Mon 17-Dec-12 02:13:48

And here I was thinking they were "assisting" me with my elimination duties.
Although I must say that mine no longer accompany me to the loo as I go about 4 times a night cause I'm so pregnant. They do get up in the morning with me. If they see me put on my robe, they get up. Otherwise, nothing.

they all sleep on the bed though. All four of them. Dh moves too much so they sleep on me.

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Mon 17-Dec-12 02:55:02

i'm very lucky. my cat lets me sleep on my bed. i get a little corner all to myself. she's very good at trying to relax me by 'massaging' my feet through the duvet. she also makes sure i get up on time every morning by mewing in my face and then scratching the door so i really have to get up. she also makes sure i get enough fresh air by insisting i leave the kitchen window open as far as it goes so that she can sit on the sill and look out but not actually go out, but i'm not to close the window. the mewing starts again if i do, and if i ignore, she takes me down, literally. i am so lucky hmm

izzyizin Mon 17-Dec-12 05:20:40

It's not uncommon for me to cling to the edge of my super kingsize while my furry pals hog the rest.

They follow me into the loo and one of them likes to bite me on the bum when I least expect it - fortunately, just a gentle nip rather than a full fang number.

They rapidly learned how to pee and crap do their business in the loo but, sadly, they're yet to grasp the art of flushing.

lougle Mon 17-Dec-12 07:05:37

Cats are smaller than dogs -count your blessings...

peaceandlovebunny Mon 17-Dec-12 07:07:45

grin get the germ-ridden beast out of there!

Jelly15 Mon 17-Dec-12 08:49:12

DH and I have co sleeped with pet cats in the past but current moggie purrs like a freight train so no longer.

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Mon 17-Dec-12 08:52:01

grin My cat does this, however when i move in my sleep she attacks me claws and all. Not the nicest wake up call.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 17-Dec-12 09:13:40

You are honoured that the small deity who you serve allows you to share the bed with them.

gindrinker Mon 17-Dec-12 09:14:12

Mine supervises us falling asleep, then once we're dozing she hops off and sleeps on the sofa.
It's the moggy equilivent of falling asleep with your hand on the baby.

LimeLeafLizard Mon 17-Dec-12 09:16:43

To solve this problem I suggest you have children. Once we had a screaming baby in the room with us, the previously co-sleeping cats moved elsewhere for a bit of peace!

GrimmaTheNome Mon 17-Dec-12 09:19:12

If you don't want the cat in your bed, make it a bed elsewhere and shut the door. If you haven't tried this then you aren't really that bothered, are you?

I went for a lie down yesterday because of a thumping headache. The kids managed to let three of the cats into the room with me and I ended up with a grey kitten squeezed behind my back and my massive tom cat lying on my shoulder wheezing into my face whilst the female prowled round the room hissing in the kittens general direction.

Not the relaxing lie down I was aiming for!

Sallyingforth Mon 17-Dec-12 09:28:46

Considering how many diseases you can catch from cats or dogs I won't let either into my bed

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 17-Dec-12 09:30:56

Sally which disease exactly are you thinking off. None of the ones that I was taught about at vet school are symptomless so there is no public health issue with allowing a healthy dog or cat sleep on the bed of a healthy individual.

Enfyshedd Mon 17-Dec-12 09:31:05

One day when my cat was only a few months old, I was in bed trying to sleep off a migraine. I woke up after a couple of hours and was a bit worried by how hot my head felt. When I reached up to touch my head, I realised that my little kitten had got on the bed and had curled up on my pillow against my head. By the next time I was poorly in bed, she was too big to do that, so would station herself on the window ledge and watch over me as I slept. I saw it as ensuring her primary food deliverer was ok grin

GrimmaTheNome Mon 17-Dec-12 09:32:09

>Considering how many diseases you can catch from cats or dogs I won't let either into my bed

Far less from them than from people though - humans carry human diseases. Not sure what diseases you do get from a properly-looked after pet.

issey6cats Mon 17-Dec-12 09:57:05

my cats dont sleep with me mainly because siamese x would hog the bed, big ginger ninja would be prowling all night, little tux purrs like a freight train and other tux would sit on me head, much more sleep if they sleep downstairs and i sleep upstairs but apart from ginger ninja the other three think i cant go to the loo on my own one on the bath, one at my feet and other one prowling round the bath

Sallyingforth Mon 17-Dec-12 14:22:25

http://www.bluecross.org.uk/1959-2761/cats-and-human-health.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now