Talk

Advanced search

to ask about Lovefilm instant?

(13 Posts)
Myliferocks Sat 15-Dec-12 13:09:46

More traffic on here!

Is LoveFilm instant any good?

I have a 30 day trial so was wondering if it is worth signing up for the trial and whether cancelling is straight forward.

Thanks for any opinions and help given!

Rudolphstolemycarrots Sat 15-Dec-12 13:10:34

theres also netficks

RarelyUnreasonable Sat 15-Dec-12 13:11:15

Love it, and you came usually get cashback from quidco.

Indith Sat 15-Dec-12 13:12:26

cancellation is easy, all done online. I just did a trial for the cashback and had fun watching stuff. netflicks is my current free trial and isn't as good.

Myliferocks Sat 15-Dec-12 13:13:56

How does the cash back from Quidco work?
Do I need to sign up to Quidco?

( complete novice at this )

Indith Sat 15-Dec-12 13:19:28

yes you sigh up and you give them your bank details then when you buy something online you use links from quidco instead of going directly to the website. quidco then put your cashback in your bank account.

Myliferocks Sat 15-Dec-12 13:20:53

Ok thank you! I'll have a look at that.

TheUnsinkableTitanic Sat 15-Dec-12 13:31:51

lovefilm is great
no experience of cancelling
have had it for about 5 months now
would highly recommend

They've got some good films but they've just emailed to say they're cancelling desperate housewives so they're not in my good books!

FutureNannyOgg Sat 15-Dec-12 13:45:54

Netflix is better, there aren't a lot of titles on Lovefilm, and although they rotate them, the same ones keep coming back. A lot of the good stuff is only available on DVD not for streaming.
We used to have Lovefilm, then had a trial on Netflix and switched, Lovefilm tried to tempt us back by ringing and telling us about a load of new titles they had, but none of them were available on instant.
Netflix also reaches more platforms, DH and I can use it on our Android phones. The interface for Netflix is also good, recommending films based on what you have watched etc.

nannynick Sat 15-Dec-12 13:58:55

I haven't used Lovefilm Instant, have used NetFlix and have cancelled it. I think it depends what sort of things you want to watch - TV box sets, back catalogue films... sure you will find those, sometimes and sometimes only a few series of a TV show (such as only first two series of Nurse Jackie on Netflix UK).

I'm now considering NowTV though it's more expensive. Maybe I should stick with PayPerView for movies such as BlinkBox as I like watching the latest movies not the back catalogue.

So I think it depends on what you want to watch and if the particular service has what it is you want to see.

SuffolkNWhat Sat 15-Dec-12 14:02:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lorelailovesluke Sat 15-Dec-12 14:07:44

We have just got love film, but when we watch a film streamed it is ruined by black flashes. Think it is buffering, not sure if this is typical or our Internet being too slow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now