Talk

Advanced search

to take baby to hairdressers?

(15 Posts)
ihatemycat Thu 13-Dec-12 06:44:55

I'm in dire need of a hair cut, was thinking of going to Super Cuts or somewhere similar to see if I can get a quick cut. Is it madness to do this with a 5 month old in tow?

Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Thu 13-Dec-12 06:46:13

Plan it round nap time.

Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Thu 13-Dec-12 06:48:01

Sorry didnt mean it to be that short. It's what I did when mine was little. Up until he was about 2 1/2 he'd still have a snooze at the hairdressers! Go armed with toy in case but you should be fine.

Sirzy Thu 13-Dec-12 06:48:17

Wait til naptime and get it done while baby sleeps in the pram

HDee Thu 13-Dec-12 06:49:18

Yes it's madness. What are you going to do if he won't sleep, or wakes mid cut?

ihatemycat Thu 13-Dec-12 06:55:06

Nap time sounds like a plan HDee, I have no idea what I'd do if she wakes mid cut to be honest... I think that's the bit that worries me!

Sirzy Thu 13-Dec-12 06:56:41

If you go for a dry cut rather than any fancy styling then you will be fine

overtheseatocalais Thu 13-Dec-12 07:01:41

I bet if she wakes up they'll be a queue of people cooing and desperate for a hold of her. In fact you could probably even get away with leaving her in the hairdressers for a couple of hours and fitting in some Christmas shopping! grin

ihatemycat Thu 13-Dec-12 07:11:39

Haha overthesea that's a great idea! Think I'll risk it and take Sirzy's advice and get a swift chop rather than a full on cut and blow dry...

EuphemiaInExcelsis Thu 13-Dec-12 07:14:23

I took DD when she was 12 days old! Luckily she slept the whole time, and cooing old ladies popped 50p pieces under her blanket. smile

Makinglists Thu 13-Dec-12 07:14:56

Have always taken my two since they were babies and its always been fine - though I only have a basic wet cut - if I was having my hair coloured or something that takes a long time I don't think I would. Make sure they are not due a feed and hopefully tired and it will be fine - on the few occasions it hasn't the receptionist has always come and cooed and that has done the trick. I find the lights, sounds etc seem to entertain them so I've been lucky and got away with it. Good luck!

Goldenjubilee10 Thu 13-Dec-12 07:21:32

I always took ds when he was a baby. It was that or grow it long. Take the pram with you or car seat. It won't take that long and he won't come to any harm.

7to25 Thu 13-Dec-12 07:33:34

I have done this many times.
The White noise of the hairdryers seems to send them to sleep. If you live in Glasgow I will recommend my hairdresser, he loves babies and tells funny stories of his SAHD days.

Flatasawitchestit Thu 13-Dec-12 07:36:06

I've taken my 9 week old twice now for foils & cut. Just sleeps and if wants a feed I tuck her under the gown!

ihatemycat Thu 13-Dec-12 10:43:17

Well, I risked it, she was awake but happy and I now have hair that's not making me mad!
Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: