Talk

Advanced search

I absolutely am! Talk me out of it, please!

(16 Posts)
44SoStartingOver Wed 12-Dec-12 17:52:06

It is only Wednesday and we have already had a week from hell.
The week so far has featured bereavement, concern about children and the money problems which could follow this. One of my dc is unwell (just poorly), but all round a very sad and challenging week, which ime is going to mean aroudn a year of disruption and sadness.

And what has set me off?

My boss has been a bit mean and criticised me up the food chain. It is not really deserved. I have covered her back and saved her from a few cock ups and I feel really miffed.

My reaction to this is soooooo out of proportion, I cannot belive myself. I KNOW I am being unreasonable.

Do you think it is just the last straw, or I actually am a completely self obsessed horrible person?

I cant quite understand myself!

FatherReboolaConundrum Wed 12-Dec-12 17:55:39

You sound worried and stressed, with too much on your plate. Of course something relatively minor can be the tipping point. We've all been there (or is it just me?)

YABU to think YABU smile

44SoStartingOver Wed 12-Dec-12 18:01:37

Oh that's nice. Tipping point sounds exactly right!I am a woman on the edge.

On th e plus side, have just ordered last xmas gift, so that is timely, yes?

Purpleprickles Wed 12-Dec-12 18:03:30

So sorry you feel like this but I think it is the last straw and not anything else. If it makes you feel better I cried in front off boss today because I felt pressured. But in reality the work pressure is ok, I'm really crying because we're in the last month of trying to conceive dc2 and I'm finding that hard to accept. I think the big stuff manifests itself in the small stuff because sometimes the big stuff is so huge you're too scared to let it out.

Twitterqueen Wed 12-Dec-12 18:07:17

Sometimes you've just got to shout, scream and yell and just not care if it's justified or not. (hey, 3 x 'just' in one sentence..)

We all get like this sometimes. Yes, the reaction to something minor is totally out of proportion to that particular thing. But we're all human, we all have shit - or in your case really, really shit - weeks.

Cut yourself some slack. Don't think about what anyone else might think about it! It's OK! We cannot be perfect, rational, reasonable, lovely human beens all the time.

Twitterqueen Wed 12-Dec-12 18:08:15

I meant 'beans' or even 'beings' (boring)

freddiefrog Wed 12-Dec-12 18:08:22

Hope things get better for you!

I agree it's the tipping point

I had a hell of a week last week, completely awful, but what tipped me over the edge was me dropping a cup of tea on the kitchen floor.

I cope fine with stress usually, but I completely lost it, but it was just the final straw

freddiefrog Wed 12-Dec-12 18:09:46

Oh, and I felt a hell of a lot better after I had a good scream and shout and flouncing off in a huff so DH cleared the tea up

44SoStartingOver Wed 12-Dec-12 18:55:43

More information coming to light in last hour or so.
Really inconvenient being angry at someone who is dead.
Especially when you are picking up the pieces.
Poor dh at limit of picking up. Having to dig deep for reserves to keep going.
Have been digging all year. We must have hidden depths. And I always prided myself on my shallowness.

FatherReboolaConundrum Wed 12-Dec-12 19:21:46

'We must have hidden depths. And I always prided myself on my shallowness.'

grin

I feel for you 44So. I had to do the whole being angry with someone who's dead a couple of years ago and it's an absolute bugger. Have a wine

44SoStartingOver Wed 12-Dec-12 20:34:06

Had wine.
Dammit, must remember not to answer phone.
One glass and I talk bollocks!

redexpat Wed 12-Dec-12 20:51:36

Unplug the phone and have another glass.

44SoStartingOver Wed 12-Dec-12 21:36:54

No, one is enough. Death was alcohol related, so it does not sit well, especially as I am wearing judgey pants.

WeWilsonAMerryChristmas Wed 12-Dec-12 21:41:12

It sounds like you're having a tough time OP. I just wanted to remind you of the old cliche of 'the straw that broke the donkey's back'. its a cliche for a reason - its the little things that push us over the edge. I would have another wine meself, but here's a brew too.

ChaoticforlifenotjustChristmas Wed 12-Dec-12 22:00:59

thanks for you OP

44SoStartingOver Wed 12-Dec-12 22:29:48

Thankyou - hearing I am not pathetic whiner is a big help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now