Talk

Advanced search

FB Post by my nephew

(38 Posts)
NanaNina Wed 12-Dec-12 14:02:21

My nephew is 50 and single but has lots of girl friends. A lot of his FB posts are about sex and he has been obsessed with the Jimmy Saville business to a point that made me start feel uncomfortable. Lately his posts have been about anal sex.

Today he has posted a big pic of Santa and the words "You better not pout and you better not cry......." cus I am coming in dry." OMG it's worse when I type it. To me it is suggestive of child abuse as the words are from a children's christmas song "Santa Claus is coming to Town" and of course Santa is for kids. It made me feel sick.

I don't think for one moment he is a paedophile or has any leanings that way - but I think he's crossed a line with this one and I've PMed him told him what I think. I've also warned him he needs to be careful what he is putting in the public domain as the paedophilia thing is (as it should be) a hot potatoe at the moment. I know he downloads these pictures from a website and I've just been on the website, that says "We will go further than anything you can think of - if you're embarrassed stay away." My actions could cause a rift between myself and my nephew and I am fond of him, but wonder what reaction others have?

squeakytoy Wed 12-Dec-12 14:04:24

He sounds very immature and idiotic. I would just block him on facebook or hide his posts so that you dont have to see them.

BigShinyBaubles Wed 12-Dec-12 14:05:06

I find it abit gross as well. If I see anything like that on my FB wall I hide it.

MmmnoodlesoupIsDueXmasEve Wed 12-Dec-12 14:05:09

I would hide his posts.

slatternlymother Wed 12-Dec-12 14:05:32

YANBU, if you find his posts offensive then definitely tell him. Chances are other people are looking at his posts and thinking 'twat'. Jimmy Savile jokes aren't funny, it's mocking and making light of child abuse. I think anyone would back you up tbh.

What's his relationship like with his parents? Do they see any of this?

SantasComingFace Wed 12-Dec-12 14:10:38

This is a 50 year old man we are talking about? He's very immature. You did right telling him what you think! He sounds vile

Fakebook Wed 12-Dec-12 14:11:08

50 or 15?

Sounds like a strange old man to me. I'd delete and block.

DogEgg Wed 12-Dec-12 14:11:21

A 50 year old man on posting jokes which hint at child abuse doesn't sound like the sort of person I could be terribly fond of.

ChristmasPickles Wed 12-Dec-12 14:14:12

Jokes about child abuse are never ever funny. The sooner he learns this the better. Tell him what you think and if it happens again defriend him and tell his mother.

BettySwollocksandaCrustyRack Wed 12-Dec-12 14:16:03

He sounds like a complete idiot to be honest...I would delete him to be honest and then you are not subjected to his perverted mind.

BiteTheTopsOffIcedGems Wed 12-Dec-12 14:17:25

Report his posts and photos. Or comment on them 'I don't find this funny, I think its disturbing and wrong'
He doesn't sound normal and most people would agree.
I have a sense of humour but I don't any Jimmy Saville jokes are funny and are completely disrespectful of abuse victims.

CatchingMockingbirds Wed 12-Dec-12 14:18:28

The song could be directed towards any age group, I don't think it suggests child abuse. The phrase itself though is pretty grim and so is the rest of your post about him, I'd just either block him or hide his posts if it was me. Yuck.

TurkeyGibletsGeekette Wed 12-Dec-12 14:19:20

Sounds like he's a member of the 4chan tribe to me. Block and/or report.

MmmnoodlesoupIsDueXmasEve Wed 12-Dec-12 14:20:52

I really don't see how it's a joke about child abuse just because Santa is saying something gross.

ChristmasPickles Wed 12-Dec-12 14:22:09

It's from a song aimed at kids!?

Whocansay Wed 12-Dec-12 14:23:15

That all sounds incredibly creepy. I would block from FB and probably real life too. There's no excuse for being so vile.

EuroShagmore Wed 12-Dec-12 14:26:12

I don't think its suggestive of child abuse at all.

I do think it is rather immature and tvvatty though. Just block his posts.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Wed 12-Dec-12 14:28:30

He sounds like a knob of the highest order. Delete him.

YouCanBe Wed 12-Dec-12 14:30:48

He sounds awful! I wouldn't want that sort of shit on my Facebook.

CuriousMama Wed 12-Dec-12 14:34:35

Do you mean 50? How very strange.

MyLittleAprilSunshine Wed 12-Dec-12 14:35:23

... This man is 50?

Eeek, what a creeper.

aufaniae Wed 12-Dec-12 14:36:14

FB can throws up some surprises about people you thought you knew doesn't it?

Did you know you can hide his posts without actually deleting him?

I've hidden all posts from two people on my FB list. I don't want to defriend them as I've known them since we were kids, but I don't want to hear their sick idea of humour, it was pathetic and was upsetting me. In RL they don't seem to act like it, but on FB they think it's funny apparently.

Defriended someone else I'd know for years when I found out he was racist though. sad

KrisMoose Wed 12-Dec-12 14:37:28

I would be more than happy to have a problem and a rift with this man. Fucking weird IMHO.

MyLittleAprilSunshine Wed 12-Dec-12 14:39:46

Oh and I too have some friends who make questionable jokes. Not that it's OK, but they are between 20-25. I put my opinion across but apparently I'm just boring.

Block their posts and be glad you can't see them anymore.

BeataNoxPotter Wed 12-Dec-12 14:39:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: