Talk

Advanced search

to place a duplicate order with John Lewis and then return the original?

(8 Posts)
StarOfLightMcKings3 Tue 11-Dec-12 19:23:53

I made a mistake with the order and forgot to request express delivery. We won't get the items in time for Christmas.

You can't change the order online or via email, but have to call their hotline which I tried and was on hold but it stopped at 7pm.

I'm not spending all day tomorrow on the telephone and I do not want to risk a miscommunication so:

I'm ordering everything again (not too expensive thankfully) and when the first order turns up eventually, I'll take it back to the shop.

SuperChristmasScrimper Tue 11-Dec-12 19:29:55

So you'll pay for express delivery with the second order? If so, yes, that seems ok to me!

forbiddenfruit85 Tue 11-Dec-12 19:32:04

Are you buying your first changing table?

Kidding smile

Don't see why that should be a problem.

DieDeutschLehrerin Tue 11-Dec-12 19:32:27

Yes that sounds fine. I had to do the same with Wallpaper from JL but they were very good cancelling the order, v. Quick once you get through. Maybe try 1st thing - might save you a trip.

sppp Tue 11-Dec-12 19:33:57

Seems sensible to me. John Lewis deliver to my local waitrose next day for free so no express delivery charge and no waiting in for the delivery. They text you when it has arrived. Have you tried that, then you wouldn't pay the express delivery charge.

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Tue 11-Dec-12 19:34:00

Arf at changing table!

StarOfLightMcKings3 Tue 11-Dec-12 19:37:03

Right. Thanks. Ordered it for collection. Though god knows how much fun that will be in the run up to Christmas. Liked the idea of staying well away from the shops.

Oh well. At least it is done now. I'll try on the phone but with 3 kiddies at home it is almost impossible to make any phonecall where I will be put on hold as I have to time it just right to have any chance of hearing.

PolterGoose Tue 11-Dec-12 22:23:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now