Talk

Advanced search

To think this Crimbo card might be a bit too soppy for my boyfriend??

(13 Posts)
HooverPissingOutDust Tue 11-Dec-12 14:08:04

So I'm full of woman-flu, feeling like shit, really can't be arsed to go out so my mum kindly offers to pick me up whatever I want from shop. Stupidly, I ask her to buy me a card for my boyfriend "something nice, not too OTT, nothing jokey - just a nice Christmas card please" I said.

Well bless her, she's come back with a nice card, black and white picture on the front of a couple walking in the snow - nice and glittery - but I think it's a bit too soppy! I don't want to freak him out!

It's one of those "To the one I Love" cards. Inside it says "with all my love at christmas and for the days yet to be, thanks for all the happiness your love has given me". I've only been with him 6 months!!

It is a close relationship though, he stays with me 4 nights of the week and we are very lovey dovey but AIBU in thinking this card is OTT and might freak him out?

HooverPissingOutDust Tue 11-Dec-12 14:09:32

And I know it's a trivial thing to go on about and blokes don't tend to analyse verses in cards but still, don't want him thinking his bunny is in danger or that I want to be marching up the aisle anytime soon!

gordyslovesheep Tue 11-Dec-12 14:10:48

you have 13 days left to buy a card - why would you send some one else?

HooverPissingOutDust Tue 11-Dec-12 14:11:44

Because I'm working 13 hour shifts for the rest of this week and going away next week

buggerama Tue 11-Dec-12 14:14:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Andula Tue 11-Dec-12 14:15:45

It does sound a bit much. I would make a joke of it, like write "I didn't buy this card xx" inside it.

Icelollycraving Tue 11-Dec-12 14:22:40

Woman flu is just flu isn't it? Chrimbo is a hideous word. That aside,send it if you think it'll do & you really won't have time until Christmas to pick another. Would you like a card picked by his mum?!

Icelollycraving Tue 11-Dec-12 14:23:27

Sorry,that was most unseasonable of me. I sounded an utter bitch,sorry!

gordyslovesheep Tue 11-Dec-12 14:24:46

moonpig?

Slumberparty Tue 11-Dec-12 14:26:45

Yes to moonpig..

Fakebook Tue 11-Dec-12 14:27:01

Funky pigeon?

Startail Tue 11-Dec-12 14:28:01

if you want to marry him it's fine, otherwise it's too soppy

piprabbit Tue 11-Dec-12 14:33:37

Cut through the schmaltz by using inappropriate and offensive nicknames for addressing and signing the card. He might think you chose it deliberately.

P.S can you trust your mum not ask him if he liked the card she chose?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now