Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To but utterly pissed off at this???

(16 Posts)
piglettsmummy Tue 11-Dec-12 12:05:06

Again scrolling down my fb newsfeed and see another person writing on downing streets page (David Cameron doesn't look at it so obviously for attention) moaning about mums who don't work and receive benefits!! Saying we have the life of luxury! Er no love! She's complaining she has no money and has to
Work 2 jobs to live, well if your going to live a party lifestyle then complain you have no money. I have friends that are at uni and do struggle but they get by by havimg ONE job, living in cheap accommodation and not going out constantly!! I really am fed up of seeing people slate mums particularly young and single mums, just because
They think life is better for us!! Maybe it is coz maybe we have an awareness of the value of money an actualy save once in a while!!

mrscrimbobash Tue 11-Dec-12 20:40:30

Yabu for caring what jumped up idiots are saying on facebook with little or no research.

Ignore ignore ignore.

LineRunner Tue 11-Dec-12 20:44:36

I can imagine the DM doing a 'research trawl' asking for a young lone parent to show how they are responsible enough to save a bit of money for clothes, and next thing it's a vile article utterly exploiting the children and slagging of the 'single mum' for having too much money.

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Tue 11-Dec-12 20:45:11

Or maybe it's because you get given free money for doing nothing except deal with the consequences of unprotected sex.

Your friend sounds like a nob, but I can understand why people get angry with the benefits system.

LineRunner Tue 11-Dec-12 20:50:31

Or maybe it's because you get given free money for doing nothing except deal with the consequences of unprotected sex.

Yes, men who leave their families do do rather well out of the current system, don't they?

mrscrimbobash Tue 11-Dec-12 20:57:09

hmm

Tarring everybody with the same old brush now are we?

Deep joy.

piglettsmummy Tue 11-Dec-12 21:13:09

Exactly linerunner I don't hide the fact that I do get quite a bit in to say 99% of it is from benefits system but it all goes on bills only daughter!! I piped up and posted that I get dla for my daughter and cannot work for being a Carer, most said that the said person wasn't in about people like me! Then some jumped up little hmm decided to say why should 'I' pay for you carers allowance. For me to reply "if I look after her I get £207 a month for 24 hour care 6 days a week, if I didn't look after her then she would require a nurse who would be paid about £1500 a month, seeing as 'ur' paying what woul you prefer!"

It's just the fact that people judge single unemployed mums like me before actually understanding personal circumstances and they put it on a page on Facebook were nothin will get done about it barring a full blown argument!hmm

piglettsmummy Tue 11-Dec-12 21:15:40

outraged sometimes people take all the precautions to prevent pregnancy but it still happens I.e. ME and rather than kill the life that was created intake on responsibility to care for it and up until me and my partner spilt I claimed no other benefits than ctc &cb!!

lovelyladuree Tue 11-Dec-12 21:18:25

Just thank her for her taxes. I am sure you are putting them to good use. She can carry on being a wage slave.

blueballoon79 Tue 11-Dec-12 21:22:55

Outraged I'm a single mother to two disabled children. My sons father, I left him, due to his alcoholism and domestic violence, my daughters father left me as he couldn't cope with the responsibility of two disabled children to care for.

Before my daughters father left me, he worked and I stayed at home to care for my children. We didn't claim any benefits apart from Disability Living Allowance for my son.

Both my children are having major surgery next year due to their disabilities and this will be a regular occurence.

I'm constantly at hospital appointments and I have no money, it all goes on my children.

I'd far prefer to work.

Unfortunately, my crystal ball wasn't working as it didn't let me know both my children would be disabled and both their fathers would leave me in a position where I cannot work but instead am caring for my children round the clock.

But, yeah. I just get free money for doing nothing, don't I?

What an idiotic, arrogant and entitled assumption to make!

LucieMay Tue 11-Dec-12 21:27:53

If both parents and children are well and able bodied, I do think single parents should make the effort to work, particularly as their children get older. There is very little excuse for someone with high school age children not to work. And yes I do say this as a single parent with no help or money from DS's dad.

MrsJingleBells74 Tue 11-Dec-12 21:32:49

This might have been fuelled by the DM article today about a single mum with 2 kids who can afford to spend £2k on Christmas presents for her kids. There's a thread & link on here somewhere but I'm on phone app so can't link.

I am happy we live in a country where benefits are available but I think the system needs a radical overhaul but am very glad I don't have to be the one to do it

GhostShip Tue 11-Dec-12 21:32:49

Oh ffs there are people out there who blatantly take the piss out of the system, like for example a few of the girls who I know who have absolutely EVERYTHING thanks to having a baby and benefits. Clothes, lovely house, nights out, and most importantly get to have all day every day with their precious babies. They have no intention of getting a job because they love their current lifestyle. Is anyone surprised?

But then there's those who have no choice whether its through having disabled children or a disability of their own, and would LOVE to be able to earn their money.

There's people on both sides. The only thing that's ignorant is assuming that it's one or the other.

There needs to be a system overhaul so people can't readily take the piss out of it like they are doing, we live in a society where people are better off not working because 1. childcare is so high 2. wages are low and 3. the cost of living is growing.

mrscrimbobash Tue 11-Dec-12 21:37:04

Well said GhostShip

LineRunner Tue 11-Dec-12 21:38:50

And the media twists stories.

Chandon Tue 11-Dec-12 21:41:06

Agree with Ghostship.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now