Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think Summer isn't a bitch in 500 Days of Summer?

(20 Posts)
miamibeach Mon 10-Dec-12 20:27:31

I love this film.

And imo Summer wasn't a bitch smile

Goldenbear Mon 10-Dec-12 20:47:09

No I think you've got a point but I have to say I find the film very irritating.

I think I am too old (35) for it as there is too much introspection in the film. I just can't relate to love's dilemmas anymore.

fairylightsandtinsel Mon 10-Dec-12 21:56:28

yeah, was disappointed by it too, and I usually like that kind of film, she wasn't a bitch, but she was irritating.

miamibeach Mon 10-Dec-12 21:58:40

Oh no why were you disappointed?

I think it's not any kind of film. Thats why I love it. Its certainly not a 'chick flick'

I found it quite honest and moving away from hollywood happy ending bullshit.

EverythingsDozy Tue 11-Dec-12 00:19:22

I haven't seen it all the way through, I got bored BUT did you know that the weedy looking guy in it (who was VERY weedy in 10 things I hate about you) was in the new batman film looking very UNweedy?! grin

Pickles101 Tue 11-Dec-12 03:41:23

EverythingsDozy eh? You mean Heath Ledger? 500 Days came out a year after his death. The weedy bloke you're thinking of is Joseph Gordon-Levitt who is fucking lovely, as is Heath grin

FellatioNelson Tue 11-Dec-12 03:47:29

Not a bitch, no. Flaky, annoying and self-absorbed yes. It was a very frustrating film to watch with a really flat ending.

miamibeach Tue 11-Dec-12 03:58:21

No Pickles EverythingsDozy doesn't mean Heath, she means Joseph Gordon-Levitt as he was in '10 things I hate about you' - think he played Cameron??

And then of course he played Robin in Dark Knight Rises.

FiercePanda Tue 11-Dec-12 03:59:12

JGL was in the Dark Knight Rises at the end... <cough> Robin <cough>

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Tue 11-Dec-12 05:21:00

I'm afraid the title alone would put me off.

DaveMccave Tue 11-Dec-12 09:29:13

I didn't think she was a bitch. It is definitely a chick flick I'm afraid, I wouldn't suggest it to watch with the boyfriend and it's on my dvd shelf.

Joseph gorden Levvit has moved on from those kind of films now it seems, the boyfriend noticed recently that more than half the films we've watched in the last few months have him in. Batman, Inception, Looper, 50/50 and uncertainty. I still remember him from Roseanne and third rock from the sun. Also, I always fancied him in 10 things I hate about you, and everyone used to take the p*ss out of my poor taste. Now everyone else loves him too.

samandi Tue 11-Dec-12 09:51:38

I wouldn't suggest it to watch with the boyfriend and it's on my dvd shelf.

Why not? I watched it with my boyfriend, it's his DVD. I think it's a good film, it's nice to see something that veers away from the formulaic love script. And no, she isn't a bitch from what I recall.

valiumredhead Tue 11-Dec-12 09:58:29

I enjoyed the film.

Iirc she invites boyfriend to her engagement party without telling him - how is that not being a bitch?

WillYuleDoTheFandango Tue 11-Dec-12 10:01:43

I watched it on a flight and sobbed my heart out. I don't think she's a bitch, she tells him he's not for her and he doesn't want to hear it/builds it up to more in his own head <disclaimer: I know it's not real>

12ylnon Tue 11-Dec-12 11:12:47

What vallium said!

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Tue 11-Dec-12 11:29:26

She's not a bitch, she's totally honest with him and he's a self-centred arsehole who views her as a girlfriend-shaped appendage to himself rather than as a person in her own right.

The guy who wrote the film based it on an actual relationship of his and he came across like a complete bastard. He even named the woman in question and called her a bitch!

valiumredhead Tue 11-Dec-12 11:31:41

But she's not honest confused

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Tue 11-Dec-12 11:43:54

She is honest about not wanting a serious relationship with him, while he tries to build it not what he wants.

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Tue 11-Dec-12 11:44:12

Sorry, into what he wants.

miamibeach Tue 11-Dec-12 17:40:27

It wasn't an engagement party, he just saw her show her ring to someone.

Think he would have realised a lot sooner if it had been an engagement party.

I definitely wouldn't call it a chick flick. I watched it the first time with a bf and it was his dvd and he was very against watching chick flicks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now