Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To take DDs toys away?

(7 Posts)
WhenSantaGotStuckUpACunnyFunt Mon 10-Dec-12 10:45:51

And wrap them up to give to her for christmas? She'll only be 18mo. We're a bit skint this year so she's got a couple of main presents and that's it off us. Someone has given her a gorgeous stocking and we haven't got much to put in it. So would it be terrible to take away a few of her smaller toys and put them in her stocking?

nannynick Mon 10-Dec-12 10:51:08

Hiding toys then getting them out again - toy rotation - is often done as children play with something then can ignore it for months.

Whilst you have a stocking do you need to use it? Does she know what santa is?

WorraLorraTurkey Mon 10-Dec-12 10:52:23

Surely a couple of main presents is enough for a baby?

Not sure about you, but I have no memories whatsoever of being 18 months old.

WhenSantaGotStuckUpACunnyFunt Mon 10-Dec-12 10:59:38

Well no, I don't remember being 18mo, but I just thought that we have the stocking, we may as well use it. I like the idea of her coming into our bed on christmas morning to open her stocking smile

DeWe Mon 10-Dec-12 11:11:17

I've done that grin. It's about the opening at that age. Hide some now so she hasn't got them for a couple of weeks.

TeWisBeenNargledByTheMistletoe Mon 10-Dec-12 11:12:34

Yes, it's fine! Hide a few bits now.

WhenSantaGotStuckUpACunnyFunt Mon 10-Dec-12 11:25:08

Can't wait for christmas day now, "Ooh what's that DD? Oh a rainmaker! Lovely, you had one just like it, I haven't seen it for a while, have you DP?" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now