Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Being very unseasonable.

(25 Posts)
EverythingsDozy Sat 08-Dec-12 22:16:56

I hate my Christmas tree. I always hate my Christmas tree, but this year it's worse, as I only put it up 2 hours ago and want it down already. WIBU to take it down?!

Also, WIBU to eat my DHs advent calendar?? Not because he's annoyed me, because I want chocolate grin

BluelightsAndSirens Sat 08-Dec-12 22:21:31

grin

I would eat the advent chocolate, drink wine and leave the tree alone.

lovebunny Sat 08-Dec-12 22:22:38

why do you hate your tree? did you plan what you would put on it? did you choose it? is it real or plastic (mine's plastic, i love it).

BluelightsAndSirens Sat 08-Dec-12 22:22:40

Forgot to say we are getting our tree tomorrow and I'm dreading it.

Bloody massive thing dropping shit all ver my lounge and getting in the way of the TV, it's like spending a month having two husbands in the house!

EverythingsDozy Sat 08-Dec-12 22:29:30

Tree is real, full of delicate, beautiful, glass decorations all ready for my 2yo to destroy (VVU, I know) but it never looks like the ones in the shops (I live near a garden centre that do AMAZING trees that mine will never live up to even though I bought all of the decorations they sell at massively inflated prices!) and I hate the wires on the lights and how it's in the way.

Totally agree about having two husbands in the house grin haha!

PomBearWithAnOFRS Sat 08-Dec-12 22:32:53

Put the glass beauties away safely for five-ten years time, and go buy a load of cheap, bright, sparkly, plastic tat. Then let your two year old help you hang at least 2 baubles on every branch, and then pile on tinsel until you can barely even see there's a tree under it all, and then relax. Come New Years Dy, take it down.
(This is what I do although my youngest child is 6 this week. It works for us and is much less stressful than trying to be perfect or co-ordinated or anything like that grin wink)

BluelightsAndSirens Sat 08-Dec-12 22:34:55

I feel your pain. I love wandering around garden centres looking at all the special decs I can't have in my house.

Last time we visited one DD pulled the head off of a penguin and please don't tell Santa, but I put it back in the basket because it was marked up at £14.99, it was a teeny tiny penguin tries to make it sound better

FunnysFuckingFreezing Sat 08-Dec-12 22:36:00

it's too early. Thats why you h8 it. We put ours up on the 17th. Tis about right

Intothefire Sat 08-Dec-12 22:43:05

My Xmas tree is so bent it only 'really' works if I drink 4 large glasses of wine and hang off the sofa looking upwards/backwards .
I'd try this before giving up on the tree.

EverythingsDozy Sat 08-Dec-12 22:45:51

Buying cheap, sparkly plastic may be a good idea. DD hasn't seen the decorated tree yet and last year she was so good about not touching the tree but thinking properly, she isn't that well behaved this year (I don't know how many times I have to say 'DD, don't touch the car seat / DSs swing / pinch DSs nose' a day so I've got no chance of her staying away from a novel, flashy, breakable tree)

Don't worry, Bluelights - I won't tell him!

EverythingsDozy Sat 08-Dec-12 22:50:59

Funnys - I totally agree that its too early for the tree.
As a child, we would put ours up 22nd ish then down before new year which suits me fine. We got the tree early this year as our local Ikea had an offer on trees where they were £25 and you get a £20 voucher to spend in January.
We would normally go to the plantation and get one from there, so we'd welly up and go walking in the mud, criticising every tree until we'd finally found one that was just right, get it home and it'd be enormous and make it so we couldn't sit on our couch.

BluelightsAndSirens Sat 08-Dec-12 22:56:56

grin

BabyGiraffes Sat 08-Dec-12 22:58:48

Get a smaller tree next year! I use my dd1 (5) as a guide and the tree won't be much taller than her grin. It goes on top of a large blanket box, so still looks huge.

FunnysFuckingFreezing Sat 08-Dec-12 22:59:22

fair enough Everything. We will no doubt go to get ours and all that will be left will be the scabby bent £50 tree in the corner. What we should do is buy one now and keep it outside until the 17th.

EverythingsDozy Sat 08-Dec-12 23:07:22

DH keeps saying it needs more colour. It is red and silver and has a scheme (which i have only just noticed i pronounce shceme confused)
If he says it needs more colour one more time i am definitely going to eat his advent calendar... In front of him!

Lora1982 Sat 08-Dec-12 23:09:09

Just noticed what they did there. Unseasonable... Snigger.

BluelightsAndSirens Sat 08-Dec-12 23:09:48

Did you know you can eat the chocolate, buy cheap asda value, melt it and then make the Calendar all over agin?

Did you?

<evil cackle>

BluelightsAndSirens Sat 08-Dec-12 23:10:36

Morning Lora, nice to see you have caught up grin

EverythingsDozy Sat 08-Dec-12 23:12:28

He said it... I am going to colour his head.

Doinmummy Sat 08-Dec-12 23:17:05

I love a real tree but cant be arsed with the needles . We have a green fake one, which looks nice once we've smothered it in sparkly tat. Last year I bought a 7ft black, skinny, pop up one,with all the decs on it!!

Doinmummy Sat 08-Dec-12 23:19:11

Everything Stand your husband in the corner, make him hold his arms out and decorate him.

LulaPalooza Sat 08-Dec-12 23:23:32

YA all BVU in supporting this level of Xmas tree negatvity. I'm putting my 8 years old black sparkly fake tree up tomox and I can't wait. It will be fabulous. IT WILL.

LulaPalooza Sat 08-Dec-12 23:23:58

tomox? wtaf? tomorrow

EverythingsDozy Sat 08-Dec-12 23:41:27

I want a fake one. They're so uniform and organised. This stupid real one has vertical branches (WTAF???) and ones that stick out everywhere like a bad haircut!
That's it! Next year, fake tree. I will put my foot down with a firm hand. Or, on the other hand, definitely considering the husband, corner, arms out idea as a possibility.

maddening Sun 09-Dec-12 00:15:17

We got a tiny tree in a pot (2-3ft) last year for £6.25 and left it in the garden so we just need to repot it next weekend smile this way by the time it's bigger ds will be bigger also. I guess you could also train it to your desired shape.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now