Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To let dd go to bed with damp hair..

(21 Posts)
Sugarbeach Fri 07-Dec-12 16:49:09

...after her evening shower and hair wash? TIA!

Fakebook Fri 07-Dec-12 16:50:16

No. I do it every evening when dd washes her hair. Put a dry towel on the pillow before she sleeps

as long as you don't mind her looking like a scarecrow in the morning. If I go to bed with damp hair I have to wash it again in the morning as it dries in all sorts of directions.

Best to blow dry it really if you cansmile

WileywithSageStuffing Fri 07-Dec-12 16:51:17

<clutches pearls> isn't that child abuse

You will be fine!

WileywithSageStuffing Fri 07-Dec-12 16:52:09

I meant yanbu - she will be fine!

Morebiscuitsplease Fri 07-Dec-12 16:54:24

Glad to know there are others who do that too, DD2 has shiny straight hair which looks good no matter what...yes am very jealous grin

Sugarbeach Fri 07-Dec-12 16:56:29

Great to have you mn as sounding board! Thank you.

She doesn't mind the scarecrow look....it's a pain to brush out though!

I do normally blow dry it, but I didn't tonight and at other times.....just that my mum would never have let me ( not that people wash their hair very frequently in those days....)....some old wife's tales or something.

Beksybob Fri 07-Dec-12 16:56:45

My hair looks better if I sleep on it wet. Goes all curly. Only thing is I wash it in the morning...so that doesn't really work.

YuleBritannia Fri 07-Dec-12 17:02:55

Mine takes a long time to dry because it's so thick that I wash it at night and it's just about dry by the morning.

cheekybaubles Fri 07-Dec-12 17:03:06

Horrible memories of waking up with frozen hair sad

InNeedOfBrandyButter Fri 07-Dec-12 17:04:22

I can never be arsed to dry my hair on an evening, I just stick a towel on my pillow after a vigorous towel dry.

Sugarbeach Fri 07-Dec-12 17:06:10

shock

soundevenfruity Fri 07-Dec-12 17:14:22

I always let my hair dry naturally but DMIL said you would have nightmares if you went to bed with wet hair. I wouldn't let DS do that as his bedroom is quite cool at night.

freddiefrog Fri 07-Dec-12 17:16:49

I take the worst of the dampness out with the hairdryer, then plait their hair before they go to bed

I can't get a brush anywhere near it in the mornings otherwise

Meglet Fri 07-Dec-12 17:25:16

Yanbu. Our house is warm so the dc's go to bed with damp hair. I do too.

CarpeJugulum Fri 07-Dec-12 17:31:39

Used to do it - just either tie it back or plait it. Did me no harm; was maybe only a bit uncomfortable.

Casserole Fri 07-Dec-12 17:51:31

"Nightmares if you went to bed with wet hair"???

WildWorld2004 Fri 07-Dec-12 17:53:02

I do it & so does my dd. i dont use towels on the pillow, blow dry it or plait it. We both look fine in the morning. I dont understand why you would blow dry childrens hair.

BsshBossh Fri 07-Dec-12 20:23:18

I don't do it because our house isn't that warm and also I have memories of waking up with a cold head as a child in the middle of the night due to damp hair - even with a towel on my pillow sad I wash DD's hair in morning or daytime and only once a week. It doesn't need washing more than that but then she's 4 and only has baths so her hair is tied up at bathtime and doesn't get wet. Incidentally, I often shower without getting my hair wet - can't your DD tie her hair up and keep her head out of the water stream?

YANBU, by the way (even though I wouldn't do it).

soundevenfruity Fri 07-Dec-12 23:34:25

Casserole, well it's waht she was told by her parents and what she told her kids. DH was quite surprised I did it.

sashh Sat 08-Dec-12 01:24:00

It probably was a bad ideabefore central heating. My mother has tales of ice on th inside of the windows, so wet hair would freeze rather than dry.

These days not a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now