Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that customer service in this country is crap?

(15 Posts)
verysqueezedmiddle Fri 07-Dec-12 13:52:32

I am trying to deal with solicitors and a range of other highly paid 'professional' people as I attempt to move house. No one rings you back, they work at the pace of a snail and whether or not they achieve what they are supposed to do, they will still get paid handsomely.

Am feeling very unseasonable now - bah humbug

Startail Fri 07-Dec-12 14:57:38

YANBU
Our solicitors buggered of on holiday (in November, not when you'd expect it).

First we knew was a worried vendor ring us up asking if we were still buying his house.

I've just had a week of similar non communication from the garage.

Sodding main dealer, they have lots of admin staff, they could ring me!

TrillsCarolsOutOfTune Fri 07-Dec-12 14:59:04

Bit of a sweeping generalisation, I think.

Are you specifically comparing to another country or is the "in this country" part of your statement just filler?

MrsBungleBear Fri 07-Dec-12 14:59:49

YANBU! I cannot believe how the solicitors really couldn;t be arsed to give a shit when I was moving house and paying them literally thousands of pounds for their service.

Do not even get me started on Sky Customer Services. They may actually cause me to have a stroke.

YouSeveredHead Fri 07-Dec-12 15:02:22

Solicitors are not reflective of customer service IMO. Whilst I have a couple of nice ones I have dealt with for more with a gift of god complex

FestiveOrganisoid Fri 07-Dec-12 15:04:02

Having lived in two other countries, I think customer service in this country could be an awful lot worse

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Fri 07-Dec-12 15:04:38

Dp's mum recently moved house and dp had to sign some paperwork. They lost his documents (thankfully copies) 3 times and at one point were trying to demand he took them in, in person and during office hours, to their office - 2 hours away from us and due to their fuck ups. The final paperwork only arrived at our house due to the quick thinking of our lovely postie, as it was addressed to Mr <first and middle initial> at an address only vaguely resembling ours. Good job he had to knock with a parcel!

Postie is on barely living wage, I'm unemployed and on mat leave, solicitors made at least a couple of grand out of it angry

Doilooklikeatourist Fri 07-Dec-12 15:15:16

I had a fantastic experience of extreme bad service in Monsoon .

A shop . Where they want you to spend money.

I had picked 4 things to try on , went to the till , and asked an assistant if I could try them on , looking at the downstairs changing room , she pointed at the lift and told me I would have to go to the upstairs changing room , I said I would like to use the downstairs one . I was told the downstairs changing room isn't being used anymore .

I left the clothes , and went to Phase Eight , where the customer service was superb .
Very nice changing rooms there .

neriberi Fri 07-Dec-12 15:45:14

Someone stole our post recently which included a xmas present I had ordered, they took the contents of the box and then dumped it on our recycling boxes, so I phone up the company (The Balcony Gardener) I had ordered the present from and they were amazing, they very kindly replaced the stolen gift, the customer service guys I dealt with on email and on the phone were brilliant, which is more than I can say for Royal Mail who have been no help what so ever with our missing post.

valiumredhead Fri 07-Dec-12 15:48:40

We have been dealing with solicitors for over 2 years - I am appalled at what they deem to be good service. Bloody shocking considering their hourly rate. Not all solicitors but ime the ones I have dealt with have been shocking. YANBU.

Pendeen Fri 07-Dec-12 15:57:51

If you think british lawyers are slow, try dealing with an italian one!

evenkeel Fri 07-Dec-12 15:58:31

Well, some customer service is excellent (Lakeland: take a bow), but yes, some is truly dire.

I was shock when the great John Lewis totally cocked up a delivery I'd paid extra for, so it would be delivered on a specific day, and their customer service person on the phone was SO bloody unhelpful it was staggering. Lesson learned, however, as I'll never order something big like that from them again.

And don't get me started on the Cotswold Company - utter incompetence. God they are appalling. But why companies can't understand this is what I don't get. Especially when they babble on about how much they care and that making sure customers are happy is their PASSION.

verysqueezedmiddle Fri 07-Dec-12 20:36:29

If it is a shop you can often make a choice and go somewhere else. But when they have you caught up that you have not got a choice of going anywhere, it seems that the idea of real customer service has gone out of the window. Is it because their are no real consequences anymore for poor work. Those 'professionals' still get paid no matter how poor the service.

verysqueezedmiddle Fri 07-Dec-12 20:41:13

Oh and don't get me started on delivery. Royal Mail who don't deliver guaranteed next day delivery or the delivery driver who put my parcel in the black rubbish bin!!! Left a note to say it was in the recycling.

Snotty call centre staff, unhelpful grunting girls on cash desks. I know it is not all of them and there are some great examples of customer service but it seems to me, that on balance, the quality is getting worse.

Toughasoldboots Fri 07-Dec-12 20:56:08

I have just had a fight with the white company over a pair of cashmere socks that developed a hole ( first world problem and all that).
I was accused of 'abusing' the socks to create the whole.

They refused a refund and the email was so snotty and arrogant.

Boden is brilliant for customer service, John lewis definitely gone downhill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now