Talk

Advanced search

to be angry and upset

(16 Posts)
Happysnaps Fri 07-Dec-12 09:04:32

When my (D)H rolls in drunk at 1am when I'm 39 weeks pregnant with our third child?

bradyismyfavouritewiseman Fri 07-Dec-12 09:07:33

Need more info.

Does he do it alot?
Did he tell you he was going out?
Did her agree not to drink?

Just based on the OP yabu. But I dh rarely goes out and I didn't ask him to stop drinking close to me due date.

chrismissymoomoomee Fri 07-Dec-12 09:49:05

I didn't begrudge DH going out when I was heavily pregnant as long as I could get hold of him. He would be the one having to deal with his hangover while I was in labour.

It all depends on the circumstances though.

iloveeverton Fri 07-Dec-12 09:52:11

YANBU from experience, my waters broke, we were at a party blush my dh had been drinking.

My mum had to pick us up to go to the hospital which didn't go down well.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Fri 07-Dec-12 09:57:52

yanbu - my dh didn't drink for the last 3wks (ish) of each pregnancy because he needed to be in a fit state to drive me to the hospital.

attheendoftheday Fri 07-Dec-12 10:06:39

YANBU assuming you're relying on him to drive you to hospital and act as your birth partner.

squeakytoy Fri 07-Dec-12 10:08:15

what about people who dont drive.. there are these marvellous things called cabs you know!

WileywithSageStuffing Fri 07-Dec-12 10:10:07

If he is meant to be driving you to hospital then YANBU.

If you are not relying on him to drive then YABU - you go into labour would soon sober him up!

Happysnaps Fri 07-Dec-12 18:23:07

I guess I just hoped my birth partner would be conscious if necessary.

It seems like I have high expectations.

He can't drive, so he definitely won't be my chauffeur.

At this rate, he won't be my birth partner either.

TidyDancer Fri 07-Dec-12 18:25:04

Well my DP probably wouldn't do it, but in your circumstances it wouldn't bother me as you don't need him to drive you to the hospital. I would understand you being angry if he was your transport.

ChippingInAWinterWonderland Fri 07-Dec-12 18:28:38

At what point did he lose consciousness?

bradyismyfavouritewiseman Fri 07-Dec-12 18:32:12

You didn't say he was unconscious.

Also every situation is different. ots not about how high your standards are. Its about communicating as a couple.

Have you communicated you would be happier if he only drank lightly for now? Or is he expected to just know?

Does he do this alot? Go out and drink until he passes out?

Weissdorn Fri 07-Dec-12 18:36:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PerfectStranger74 Fri 07-Dec-12 18:47:57

He sounds like a right catch, op!
So long as he doesn't have to drive to t'e hospital, it's ok for him to get shitfaced when his baby could make an appearance at any moment?
Wow!
I've heard the saying 'as much use as a dad in a delivery room' but a wankered selfish knobhead dad stinking out a delivery room?
Op, you have my sympathies. I'm afraid I have been there, and done that.

chaosisawayoflife Fri 07-Dec-12 18:49:02

I don't think yabu but I do think sometimes these things need to be discussed in advance. If I know my dh he'd be thinking 'i have 1 week of freedom before baby arrives', whereas from about 37 weeks I was thinking 'i could go into labour any minute'. With both my pregnancies from about 8 months dh would still go out but wouldn't have more than a couple of pints, but this is because we had the conversation and I explained that I needed him to be soberish. If we hadn't have had this conversation he would probably have got paralytic at 39 weeks without thinking.

herethereandeverywhere Fri 07-Dec-12 18:59:19

At your stage in pregnancy I'd expect my partner to exercise some self control with alcohol and if they turned up drunk I'd feel extremely vunerable in case he was in that state whilst accompanying me, in labour, to hospital because he would not be able to support me in the same way as if he was sober.

YADNBU.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: