Talk

Advanced search

To tell my lodger

(25 Posts)
Doinmummy Mon 03-Dec-12 18:20:56

That after leaving a bloody great black stain she made on my carpet for nearly a week, pouring sparkling water and shake and vac on it won't work!

YourHandInMyHand Mon 03-Dec-12 18:28:00

Why did it stay there for a week? Had you been away?
What did she do to make a black stain!?! confused

Doinmummy Mon 03-Dec-12 18:31:30

She spilt a full cafetier(sp) on the landing carpet. She left it all day and I came home to find it. I tried rug doctor shampoo but it won't budge. I asked her to make sure she gets it cleaned but she hasn't. I've tried washing up liquid too but no joy.

Fakebook Mon 03-Dec-12 18:33:19

Vanish? I used to use ACE on my carpets too. It worked well.

Doinmummy Mon 03-Dec-12 18:37:43

I'm fed up making suggestions to her and her telling me that water will work. . . It bloody wont! I'll suggest Ace

Crinkle77 Mon 03-Dec-12 18:50:58

Tell her that you will take the cost of the damage out of her deposit if she paid one. That might make her get her act in gear

sudka1 Mon 03-Dec-12 18:52:47

Just got a black stain off a beige carpet with Ariel bio.

Doinmummy Mon 03-Dec-12 19:16:20

I would take it out of her deposit. . . She just needs to pay the rest of it (owes me £100) She has been here 2 months and is getting on my nerves. She's just gone out and STILL hasn't done anything to tackle the stain.

I'll try Persil, but I really think SHE should do it.

CaliforniaSucksSnowballs Mon 03-Dec-12 19:28:11

Get her to try Oxy Clean. I've got all kinds of old stains out with it.

ohfunnyface Mon 03-Dec-12 19:31:53

Stop cleaning it! Get the rest of the money ASAP and then kick her out, using deposit to clean it professionally.

Doinmummy Mon 03-Dec-12 19:52:27

I am close to asking her to leave. She seems a bit spoilt . She's asked me to buy all sorts of new stuff for her including a new bed which has a brand new memory foam mattress on it.

BonzoDooDah Mon 03-Dec-12 20:01:07

ooookay at the bed and mattress - time she leaves me thinks!

scuzy Mon 03-Dec-12 20:03:19

your worse!!! get your full deposit and show her the door.

Doinmummy Mon 03-Dec-12 20:06:51

Re the mattress . I'd put a brand new memory one on the frame for her but because she wanted the bed moved to other side of the room , where it didn't fit, she wanted a whole new bed that did fit.

Doinmummy Mon 03-Dec-12 20:07:26

I declined to buy one.

scuzy Mon 03-Dec-12 20:07:48

either pander to her and stop moaning or kick her out.

hopespringy Mon 03-Dec-12 20:58:33

and don't take in a lodger without the full deposit in future! Read them the riot act before they step over the threshold <experience>

she sounds like a pitfa. They aren't worth it. get rid, she'll drive you nuts slovenly cah

Doinmummy Mon 03-Dec-12 21:02:10

I don't normally give them a key til I have all the money , but she came from abroad so cut her some slack but she's had enough time to give me the money. She said its due to being taxed too much but that's not my problem .

She is hard work, always on the want.

LatteLady Mon 03-Dec-12 21:25:34

Unfortunately you will not get the stain out, as coffee is a dye and a real swine. I think you need to find a new lodger tbh.

HollyBerryBush Mon 03-Dec-12 21:26:43

Try persil in a soapy solution.

Doinmummy Mon 03-Dec-12 21:33:48

I've given it a go over with Bold , just waiting for it to dry . It's quite clear she has no intention of cleaning it herself.

QuacksForDoughnuts Mon 03-Dec-12 23:00:23

I've never made a mess that Astonish doesn't have a product for! But tbh that's not your biggest problem - are you letting to her for a fixed term or could you give her notice tomorrow? Failing that, refuse to give in to any request that isn't essential to safety/hygiene and hope that shifts her arse...

whois Mon 03-Dec-12 23:09:39

Sounds a nightmare but ANYONE who doesn't give you the full cash on moving is is going to be a nightmare. You've got to treat this like a business not a charity.

Doinmummy Mon 03-Dec-12 23:11:43

She's here til next October. I have provided more than is necessary in her room so am saying no to any further requests . She's ok in that she doesn't sit in the lounge with me . I've been at screaming point with previous lodgers who plonk themselves down and talk bollocks while I'm trying to watch tv.

I hate having lodgers and the fact that I depend on them financially.

Doinmummy Mon 03-Dec-12 23:13:46

I agree whois I am learning to 'distance' myself from them and get a business head on .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now