Advanced search

To be concerned but not know if i should report this?

(53 Posts)
AreYouADurtBirdOrALadyBird Mon 03-Dec-12 11:00:11

I live in social housing and I was at my car this morning when I overheard the Guy a couple of doors down make crude sexual comments about a 14 year old girl who hangs around with his step daughter.

AIBU to be very concerned but I don't know who to complain to or if its worth complaining? The comments were made to his brother. His girlfriend is very strange and dosent talk or answer her door.

ohfunnyface Mon 03-Dec-12 11:02:34

For me it would totally depend on what the comments were.

takataka Mon 03-Dec-12 11:04:34

Im not sure what you could report him for?

agree, it depends on the comments though

takataka Mon 03-Dec-12 11:05:09

is it relevant that you live in social housing?

pELFicFloorClenchReminder Mon 03-Dec-12 11:07:38

It might be relevant in that, depending on the comments, the social housing landlord is fairly easy to contact and will have in place structured anti social behaviour policies etc

missymoomoomee Mon 03-Dec-12 11:07:52

If he said something like 'I am going to try and get XXX into bed' or made some other comment that he was going to act on his vile thoughts then I would report.

If he made no reference that he would act on it I'm not sure what you could do.

What a fucking idiot though, thats disgusting.

AreYouADurtBirdOrALadyBird Mon 03-Dec-12 11:07:53

One comment was I would ride her until she was raw. His brother just sniggered. My stomach churned when I heard it,I don't think he realised I was there.

pELFicFloorClenchReminder Mon 03-Dec-12 11:08:51

Oh that's horrible sad

takataka Mon 03-Dec-12 11:09:25

that is grim sad

AreYouADurtBirdOrALadyBird Mon 03-Dec-12 11:10:18

I put in that I live in social housing because we are all tenants of the same agency so could I complain to them?

AlienRefluxLooksLikeSnow Mon 03-Dec-12 11:10:26

That is grim, but not illegal.

givemeaclue Mon 03-Dec-12 11:11:15


Suggest call nspcc for advice. It would only take you a minute but may hers prevent abuse.

KenLeeeeeee Mon 03-Dec-12 11:11:34

Oh grim sad

I would maybe call 101 & have a chat with them. Say that you've overheard some very disturbing sexual comments made about an underage girl & are not sure what to do. They'll know if there's anyone it ought to be passed on to, or can give you guidance as to how to handle any further incidents like this.

missymoomoomee Mon 03-Dec-12 11:11:42

Its worrying that he has a step-daughter that age and can think of girls the same age in that way.

That comment has actually made me feel sick sad

AreYouADurtBirdOrALadyBird Mon 03-Dec-12 11:12:08

It is disgusting to say about anybody but especially a child.

YuleBritannia Mon 03-Dec-12 11:12:23

What about telling the girl's parents so they could be warned about him?

takataka Mon 03-Dec-12 11:13:00

yeah, maybe report to housing association so it is on 'record'
it cant hurt to phone 101 for advice, but i cant imagine they will show much inetrest?

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Mon 03-Dec-12 11:13:17

It's vile, but it's not illegal.

ohfunnyface Mon 03-Dec-12 11:13:22

Yeah call your landlord- that is a child protection issue and as you have no idea of his history or the young girl's situation I would report.

AreYouADurtBirdOrALadyBird Mon 03-Dec-12 11:14:13

I was thinking of making a call to ss but will also contact 101,thanks.

JustFabulous Mon 03-Dec-12 11:14:35

How you think his girlfriend is is totally irrelevant to your post.

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Mon 03-Dec-12 11:14:46


I wasn't expecting that.

I'm not sure what you do or who you could complain to about that tbh.

missymoomoomee Mon 03-Dec-12 11:15:01

Do you know the girl or or parents?

takataka Mon 03-Dec-12 11:15:02

yy yule tell the parents?

ChazsBrilliantAttitude Mon 03-Dec-12 11:15:08

Do you know what school they go to? Could you give the school a ring? That's not a bit of banter.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: