Talk

Advanced search

Mothercare: Utter rubbish - don't bother getting your buggy/pushchair there

(5 Posts)
KK8T Mon 03-Dec-12 08:41:59

Whatever you do dont buy a buggy or pushchair from Mothercare . They will be quite happy to take your cash but if anything goes wrong you're on your own. Aftercare whats that?? My buggy cost £155 pounds 13 months ago and now it is useless unless I pay to have it repaired. The buggy in question is still within their 2 year warrantee, I have the receipt. It is covered by the manufacturers lifetime warrantee for which I have registered it and they are not interested in helping at all. You'd be better off buying from an online retailer and getting discount.

YouOldSlag Mon 03-Dec-12 09:43:41

I hate Mothercare because my local branch has steep stairs and no lift!

Fakebook Mon 03-Dec-12 09:53:57

I bought a maxi cosi car seat from there that broken 10 months later. They said they'd fix it for £60. It cost me £180 to buy it! It's still sitting in the front room and I suppose I'll have to get it fixed before DS needs it, but it pisses me off when I think about it. Mothercare are shit.

AmazingBouncingBabyJesus Mon 03-Dec-12 10:02:10

Mother-FuckersDon't-Care.

WileyRoadRunner Mon 03-Dec-12 10:16:59

I must have a great mothercare as they fixed my Phil & Teds, no cost 13 months after I first bought it.

I also bought a trike there which DD used everyday for 2 years. I took it in when a strut broke <safety issue not expecting refund> and they gave me the full price back!

I will consider myself lucky!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now