Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To wonder what is the point of an anti-bullying survey

(6 Posts)
MrsMangelfanciedPaulRobinson Fri 30-Nov-12 16:04:32

...when the class teacher instructs the children that none of them are to put that they are being bullied because 'there are no bullies in this school'?

My 8 year old DD's class/year did this survey about a week ago, I'm assuming it's a national thing. DD said that a few children put that they felt that they were bullied or given a hard time at school, but were told to change their answers.

To add, DD herself hasn't been bullied, and isn't currently being bullied. But that isn't the point.

This teacher has also already told the class this year that she doesn't want to hear about any arguments or problems and they are to sort everything out themselves.

friendshipdramas Fri 30-Nov-12 16:08:02

The teacher is utterly ridiculous. For some reason some schools like to think that it doesn't happen at their school. I really dont know why.

At DD's school , one of the girl's chosen to be a bullying mentor, is in fact a bully herself!

MrsMangelfanciedPaulRobinson Fri 30-Nov-12 16:10:34

I feel like I need to query it with the school on principle, but don't want to look like a neurotic complainer. It does worry me though, as I feel if DD was in the unfortunate position of being bullied during this school year, nothing would get done about it

LindyHemming Fri 30-Nov-12 16:15:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JenFrankincenseAndMyrrh Fri 30-Nov-12 16:18:58

I was bullied at school. I told a teacher which resulted in me being called into the HT's office to be told off as there was no bullying in the school sad

MrsMangelfanciedPaulRobinson Fri 30-Nov-12 16:31:44

sad That's awful JenFrankincense. And sadly typical of many schools I'd imagine.

I think I'll make an appointment to see the head teacher next week just to ascertain what was said and why it was said, and then take it from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now