Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to ask you to help me work out what I want for Christmas.

(9 Posts)
noseynoonoo Thu 29-Nov-12 22:51:48

I've been rushing around getting all the Xmas presents. DH says that he wants to take children into town to buy my presents - 1 each from him and each of the 2 children. I hadn't thought about me and can't think of anything other than a book.

So what does a woman want these days (keep it clean wink ). I guess he would spend up to £20 each per child and up to £100 from himself.

missymoomoomee Thu 29-Nov-12 22:55:43

these are on my list

as are these

However, thanks to an unfortunate labeling mistake I know I have a red jumper with a penguin on it.

apostropheuse Thu 29-Nov-12 22:58:06

A kindle from your DH?

From the children pyjamas - slippers - smellies - chocolates - make up mirror -

I'm boring!

noseynoonoo Thu 29-Nov-12 23:09:58

I'm not sure I could let someone buy me shoes or clothes - I'll be queuing up as it is after Christmas to return the Per Una jumper/cardigan that my mum will have bought me - took a look around Per Una this week to try to guess which monstrosity my mum might have bought.

I'm steering way for smellies - I have a whole drawer of body lotion accumulated over many Christmases - and I have a new make up mirror with lighting and magnifying mirror (now realise how hairy my face is which is a bit frightening). Perhaps I should go for some perfume, just replacing what I have.

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Thu 29-Nov-12 23:18:07

New handbag? Maybe a hat, scarf and gloves set from the dc?

Hopeforever Thu 29-Nov-12 23:19:51

A voucher for waxing at the local beauty salon? grin wink

missymoomoomee Thu 29-Nov-12 23:22:03

one of these grin

PomBearWithAnOFRS Thu 29-Nov-12 23:24:29

Why not suggest they make you some "vouchers" for something like "Breakfast in Bed" or "hoovering the lounge" or "doing all the washing up" or "an hour's lie in and we will be very quiet and good" type things. Then whatever the children can do themselves can be like their gift to you, and they can "help mummy" - assuming they are fairly small here, since they need Daddy to take them shopping - if they are strapping great teens then "Clean entire house" or something grin

TheFogsGettingThicker Fri 30-Nov-12 00:02:29

I rather fancy one of these. Not quite sure DH would buy it, but still....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now