Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be properly effed off about DH and his sausage?

(17 Posts)
emeraldgirl1 Thu 29-Nov-12 15:39:10

not that kind of sausage...

Just had an email from him saying he went out for work lunch with colleagues, ate a dodgy Polish sausage and is now feeling dangerously queasy. Enough that he thinks we should cancel our evening out tonight.

I know I ABU but this was the first evening out with friends I've had in... I think almost 2 months. I am pregnant and have been suffering badly with pelvic girdle pain so have been stuck home a lot, plus I work from home anyway so days can go by when I don't see anyone but my DH.

Was just looking forward to an evening out, some human contact, a bit of a chat and not having to sit on the sofa resting my aching back and thinking about what baby-growth-promoting thing I can cook for dinner.

Not actually DH's fault, I do know that. The sausage is to blame. wink

Can't help being unreasonably grumpy about this though; having murderous visions of DH gaily chatting over sausages (that then made him ill) with his nice, jolly work colleagues while I have spent all day looking forward to an evening out that is now not happening.

Rant over.

usualsuspect3 Thu 29-Nov-12 15:41:19

Can you go alone if he's not up to it?

Poledra Thu 29-Nov-12 15:41:37

Can you go on your own? Leave him at home with a drink of water, a hot water bottle and a few bucket s and a bottle of Dettol by his bedside?

Sokmonsta Thu 29-Nov-12 15:41:38

Could you not go out anyway. I would.

emeraldgirl1 Thu 29-Nov-12 15:43:10

They're his friends much more than mine so it would be a bit tricky/odd.

Getting even more unreasonably annoyed now about it! Had an actual pregnancy outfit planned that isn't just the leggings and man's sweater I've worn for weeks! Had planned to put on makeup!

Damn sausage.

Groovee Thu 29-Nov-12 15:43:53

I'd go by myself

ClippedPhoenix Thu 29-Nov-12 15:44:11

Yes, OP go on your own or is it a couples thing?

emeraldgirl1 Thu 29-Nov-12 15:44:38

Sokmonsta - no, I absolutely would too if it were my friends or joint friends IYSWIM. These are very much his friends, his good buddy and buddy's (very nice) girlfriend. I don't know them well - was looking forward to an opportunity to get to know them a bit better!!

ClippedPhoenix Thu 29-Nov-12 15:46:43

He might be ok after a good shite in a couple of hours time though. Is he really that bad?

emeraldgirl1 Thu 29-Nov-12 15:48:09

ClippedPhoenix - I think he must be pretty bad to have mentioned it as he knows how much I was looking forward to the evening... He's generally pretty hardy about these things and will just pop an Immodium or something, so I fear he's been quite badly stricken down...

ClippedPhoenix Thu 29-Nov-12 15:55:14

There's also some vomiting virus going around at the moment.

Is there no way you can still go out, even to a friends for a bite to eat (just to get out of the house for the evening).

Failing that, what I do if plans have to change at the last moment is rent an excellent DVD and order a takeaway. It's flipping cold out there anyway.

Then plan something else for next week.

emeraldgirl1 Thu 29-Nov-12 16:00:32

ClippedPhoenix - I am making mental list of friends I could call for last-minute evening but I think it's a hiding to nothing as everyone will either be unable to get a babysitter, is too far away or - I have lovely but workaholic friends - at work til too late...

Good plan though about the DVD and takeway. Would it be the saddest thing in the world (I already know the answer) to get dressed in my outfit and put on makeup just to watch film and eat Chinese food?!!

ClippedPhoenix Thu 29-Nov-12 16:04:40

Yes. Only kidding, why not? Like you said you're sick of wearing casuals.

HoratiaWinwood Thu 29-Nov-12 16:07:09

Hell, I once had my hair done and put on a cocktail dress and heels to watch a dvd.

emeraldgirl1 Thu 29-Nov-12 16:08:57

Horatia you are my idol.
Well, the very least I'm going to do is shower, wash my grubby hair and spritz on a bit of bloody perfume. Better for my mental health, probably, than sitting around grungily in an outfit that isn't much better than pjyamas...

ClippedPhoenix Thu 29-Nov-12 16:20:34

Now, that's more like it grin

Sokmonsta Thu 29-Nov-12 16:24:24

Yeah I know what you mean. I've been able to get to know dh's friends wives etc so have no qualms if he can't make a night.

Def get yourself glammed up. Put on a good DVD and enjoy your takeaway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now