Talk

Advanced search

to think it's not too hard to use Freecycle properly and reply when something is offered to you

(9 Posts)
kim147 Wed 28-Nov-12 20:49:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cbh1978 Wed 28-Nov-12 20:49:52

Off to google 'freecycle'...

TickleFlower Wed 28-Nov-12 20:49:57

What are you offering? I'll have it ;)

Meglet Wed 28-Nov-12 20:52:44

yanbu.

It does my fucking head in. I have spurts of Freecycling and within hours I'm ranting about people taking the piss, not replying and never collecting what they have asked for and given a collection time.

Cbh1978 Wed 28-Nov-12 20:55:16

Oooohhh. Looks great but struggling to sign up. :-(

kim147 Wed 28-Nov-12 20:56:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Itsjustafleshwound Wed 28-Nov-12 21:00:28

I have lost count of the number of non responses and rudeness I have received from those that use our local freecycle and, from the tone of some postings, I am not alone.

It is a great concept, spoiled by a few grabby, rude individuals.

EndoplasmicReticulum Wed 28-Nov-12 21:03:09

Sometimes my Freecycle plays me up a bit. I see the "taken" messages before I get the "offers".

You need a list - strike these people off it, never offer them anything again! If you have moderators, my group does, perhaps let them know you've been messed about, because if they are doing the same to lots of people they could always block them.

My top tip is never offer to anyone who just says "I'll have that" - I need to see from their reply they've actually read my email, and why they want the item, as some people just set up auto-replies to everything.

Cbh1978 Wed 28-Nov-12 21:03:13

Have signed up. Was complicated. Now don't know why I need to have a yahoo/google/facebook account to sign in to my local group, having already signed up to freecycle. Becoming all too complicated...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now