Talk

Advanced search

Let Me Know Your Thoughts

(15 Posts)
LessMissAbs Tue 27-Nov-12 13:18:46

AIBU to be just a little bit creeped out by this? Just turned 18 year old girl, private school but has been allowed by parents to barely attend for the past year, parents quite wealthy, girl not encouraged to get qualifications or job or training. Girl has recently started going out with 26 year old guy who has been given a job with the father's company, cue photos of them on Facebook in various exotic destinations at her father's expense, her scantily clad, tongues in each other's mouths, groping, etc.. With the mother making "encouraging" comments. 25 year old guy obviously can't believe his luck, from ordinary background, quite ordinary looking, girl is quite pretty, normal, no problems or anything.

mrskeithrichards Tue 27-Nov-12 13:26:03

Meh

JaneFonda Tue 27-Nov-12 13:35:31

YABU - none of your business.

She's 18, she is legally an adult and can do what she wishes.

I don't know what her background has to do with anything, nor how good looking they are, nor her lack of job or training.

You sound very judgy (and a bit jealous that she can go on holiday free!)

HoratiaWinwood Tue 27-Nov-12 13:42:42

Do you have reason to consider her vulnerable? How worldly is she? I was a child at 18 and could have been very damaged by a relationship with a man of that age.

missymoomoomee Tue 27-Nov-12 13:42:50

What exactly are you creeped out by?

The age difference? - YABU

The guy she dates is working for her Dad? - YABU

Facebook pics of her 'scantily clad and groping? - YABU

Mother being happy for her daughter? - YABU

An 'ordinary' person dating a rich person? - YABU

Overall YABU and very judgy over something thats none of your business.

Mandy2003 Tue 27-Nov-12 13:44:46

I have a friend who was like this at 18.

She's got a "proper" job now she's older and seen sense!

So what relation is the guy to you hmm

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Tue 27-Nov-12 14:05:01

What?

Who is it to you?

Ephiny Tue 27-Nov-12 14:21:37

Is it any of your business? Block them on Facebook if you find the photos/comments annoying.

Is the man your ex or something?

ChestnutsRoastingonaWitchesTit Tue 27-Nov-12 14:25:13

not much age difference between 18 and 25. It'd be weirder if an 18 year old girl was interested in an 18 year old boy if you ask me.

Lavenderhoney Tue 27-Nov-12 14:25:53

They sound pretty happysmile why does it creep you out? She's not doing drugs, torturing kittens etc? Maybe her parents like him and think he is good for her. You know a lot about them! How do you know her dad paid for them? And why do you care? Is it your inheritance they are squandering?smile

FancyPuffin Tue 27-Nov-12 14:26:13

So an adult is having a relationship with another adult?

hmm

Alisvolatpropiis Tue 27-Nov-12 14:37:47

Yabu she's 18 not 12 and it's none of your business. Delete them off Facebook if it bothers you so much.

Justforlaughs Tue 27-Nov-12 14:42:07

From what you have said YABU, there doesn't seem anything on the face of it to be "creeping you out" but is there more to it? What relationship do you have with these people. If it really is as simple as you say then I think you should just delete them from fb. Sorted! If there is more to it then you need to tell us so we can make up our minds.

chocoluvva Tue 27-Nov-12 14:44:40

It sounds like her mum doesn't have very good judgment IMO: 18 and 25YOs are usually at different stages of cognitive and emotional development, explicit photos on FB encouraged by the gir's mum don't seem like a good idea.
Do you think the parents are 'arranging' this relationship?

Selks Tue 27-Nov-12 14:49:26

And? Not sure what your concern is here.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: