Talk

Advanced search

To ask for child support

(10 Posts)
Lia87 Mon 26-Nov-12 15:23:27

I'm struggling for money at the moment. Daughters dad has never paid anything towards her, but he doesn't see daughter without me there yet due to concerns about her safety with him. He doesn't ask about her or show much interest at all except asking for her alone for overnights twice, which i've said no to, he earns 20 grand ish a year, but has said to me a few times he's in debt, which doesn't figure with his rent etc. Am i being unreasonable to ask for money when he's not that involved?

Lia87 Mon 26-Nov-12 15:24:53

(i haven't asked yet)

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Mon 26-Nov-12 15:26:10

He was involved in making the child so he should pay for the child.

MamaGeekChic Mon 26-Nov-12 15:26:37

YANBU, just get the CSA on it to save any negotiations about his other commitments etc.

glentherednosedbattleostrich Mon 26-Nov-12 15:26:43

Kids are not pay per view, of course he should be paying child support for her.

YANBU - regardless of whether or not he is involved in her life - he fathered a child therefore he needs to help support that child.

honeytea Mon 26-Nov-12 15:27:05

YANBU he was involved in making the child he should be involved in supporting her finacially.

GetAllTheThings Mon 26-Nov-12 15:29:01

er.... I think the only answer you'll get is that he really should be contributing towards his child financially. The fact that he sees her ( or not ) is neither here nor there.

Ask him to contribute 15% of his net wage or get the CSA to do it for you.

Sarahplane Mon 26-Nov-12 15:31:53

Yanbu, he helped make your daughter therefor he should help support her.

Sallyingforth Mon 26-Nov-12 16:01:33

Another man who thinks he can fuck-father-forget.

YABU! You should have demanded child support right away. Go to the CSA. Now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now