Talk

Advanced search

To not want DCs friends round if they're sick!

(6 Posts)
Yogagirl17 Sun 25-Nov-12 13:08:43

DD asked me this morning if her friend could come round. I spoke to the mum & we arranged that I would pick DD & her friend up from an activity they were at this morning and have them both here for lunch. So I pick the girls up and the friend gets in the car and immediately starts coughing. I ask if she's ok. She says, "Yes I'm fine I just have a really bad cough." She's been here for half an hour and has been coughing constantly the entire time. angry

I know I'm probably being just a bit precious. Since my DD would have been with this girl at the morning activity she would already have been exposed to it anyway. And I know coughs can go on for ages with no other symptoms and it's hard to keep them isolated for that length of time. But the other mum might at least have given me a heads up and let me make up my own mind if I wanted her DD in my house and around my other DC as well. AIBU?

kinkyfuckery Sun 25-Nov-12 13:13:21

She has a cough? Why is that a big deal? Are you the type off school with a cough?

RedHelenB Sun 25-Nov-12 13:13:23

A bit. If she was well enough for school I am sure she is well enough to play. Coughs & colds are continuous in classerooms this time of year!!

kinkyfuckery Sun 25-Nov-12 13:14:07

*type to keep your DC off school with a cough!

Damn laptop touchpad is very sensitive at the moment! angry

DameEnidsOrange Sun 25-Nov-12 13:17:25

If she was visibly unwell then I would have rung friend and said "X doesn't feel well, so I will drop her home and we can re-schedule" but for a cough - no.

DD coughs permanently through autumn / winter - she is asthmatic

Yogagirl17 Sun 25-Nov-12 13:36:25

No, I probably wouldn't keep DCs off school with a cough if there was no fever. I know I'm being a bit unreasonable, it's just that she has been coughing pretty much non stop since she got here and it's getting on my f***ing nerves. It's one of those coughs that doesn't even sound real - like she's doing it on purpose just to annoy (I know, I know).

Dame surely that's different as coughing due to asthma as opposed to a virus of some sort is not contagious?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: