Talk

Advanced search

To think there should be a pattern?

(9 Posts)
Softlysoftly Sun 25-Nov-12 00:57:12

DD2 is 6 months and has been a terrible sleeper, I expect some night waking but should there be a bloody pattern so your body can get used to it, albeit interrupted sometimes by growth spurts/teething etc?

For example Tuesday slept a couple of 3 hr stretches, Wednesday went all night (on her belly where she'd flipped, Thursday 2hr stretch then up for 4hrs.

Last night and tonight she has decided she in fact doesn't like the cot at all and will either scream as soon as down or wait the 20minutes it takes me to drop off then flip on her front (which she has now decided to hate) and scream.

AIBU to think this isn't normal behaviour to vary so wildly every single night?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 25-Nov-12 01:00:05

YABU, sorry, bog-standard baby behaviour.

However, I totally understand why YABU, so maybe you're not after all.

All I can say is, it does get better.

And offer a hug manly pat on the back.

AgentZigzag Sun 25-Nov-12 03:02:49

What's your routine like?

I didn't have a strict one as such when DD2 was a baby, but taking DD1 to school made us do things at the same time every day during the week, and DD2 just slotted in with her sleeping patterns.

I wouldn't get too stressed that it's going to be a long term thing though, they change so rapidly at 6 months+ that you'll soon be looking back fondly on only having to worry about what time they went to sleep grin

maddening Sun 25-Nov-12 07:53:38

ds is still like this at 22 mths - although v recently had a few nights of sttn but they are still mingled with nights with random night wakings.

maybe try cosleeping?

Softlysoftly Sun 25-Nov-12 07:57:19

Absolutely crap agent, I have a toddler who has 2 morning and one afternoon session at preschool (all we could get), a theatre class and then a couple of days in meaning we are never consistently in at the same time each day and when we are she takes ages to get to sleep then won't stay down, or the toddler suddenly needs the loo mid feed etc etc.

I know IABU really

Softlysoftly Sun 25-Nov-12 07:59:16

maddening 22 months shock.

I do end up with her a few nights as I fall asleep but DD1 is in my bed still and I'm a bit scared tbh.

maddening Sun 25-Nov-12 09:21:08

I know - but am hopeful following the few sttn instances.

we are currently on a mattress in ds' room so plenty of room as Df sleeps elsewhere and no worry of ds falling out.

jendot Sun 25-Nov-12 09:33:06

We had a ds like this would just wake at random times every night ( only ever slept once he had managed to flip onto his tummy) we purchased a baby breathing alarm thingy and started putting him down on his tummy.... He slept through from then on. Not 'medically' recommended but saved us all from a family breakdown!!
At 8 he still sleeps on his tummy!
Just a thought.... ( wouldn't do it without the breathing alarm as obviously more at risk from SIDS on their tummy)

Softlysoftly Sun 25-Nov-12 10:23:33

I have an alarm, I do think she'd sleep better on her front and she can flip back and forth.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: