Talk

Advanced search

DH reckons he's perfect, could I Ebay him.

(8 Posts)
UrbanSpaceManBaby Sat 24-Nov-12 15:34:30

DH has just informed me there is nothing wrong with him, that any complaints are really just all in my head.

Obviously I think not, am I being unreasonable to Ebay him, no box but I have some paperwork. I don't want negative feedback from buyer but DH is pretty adamant he's perfect.

BRANdishingMistletoe Sat 24-Nov-12 15:46:28

When someone tells you that they are perfect (or indeed that you are imperfect) what they actually mean is "I am volunteering to do all the housework/laundry/cooking/thing that we are discussing". HTH grin

Some years ago I asked my H to put away his washed, dried and folded clothes. I asked possibly a couple of times a week over 3 weeks. The clothes reached a teetering pile on several dining chairs. He would get up in the morning and go and get some clothes from the pile (because at this stage there was hardly anything left in the wardrobe). Then one day, at lunch on a Saturday, I asked him again to put his clothes away. He said "For someone who does nothing you really complain a lot". I heard "It'll be nothing for me to do my own laundry", and I haven't washed so much as a sock for him since.

Tiredmumno1 Sat 24-Nov-12 15:48:54

Once they receive him, they'll probably open a not as described case with eBay, so you'll have to refund anyway, and he will be sent back grin

Viperidae Sat 24-Nov-12 15:53:20

Agree he has just opened the door for you to say "Oh but you are sooooo much better at that than I am" every time anything needs doing now.

My DH has taken the opposite tack of claiming he is shit at everything in an attempt to make me do it all.

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 24-Nov-12 15:54:53

Just in case, I would offer return postage if they are unhappy. You know, just in case.

UrbanSpaceManBaby Sat 24-Nov-12 17:18:46

grin He took the DDs swimming this afternoon and then picked up overpriced to start with, about to go off bargain items from the supermarket.

His Ebay photo will sport a martyred expression which without knowing you'd probably credit to excessive wind.

i have obviously done nothing this pm except sit here like Snow White whilst the forest creatures picked up hairbands and other random items, juggled laundry and did another half arsed hoover.

Mandy2003 Sat 24-Nov-12 17:26:28

Perhaps you'd better do cash on collection - save yourself PayPal fees AND the chance of item not as described AND the chance of the buyer saying the payment was fraudulent anyway!!

Bobyan Sat 24-Nov-12 18:40:38

Please list him, preferably with a buy it now price of 99p.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now