Talk

Advanced search

to let DS sleep on the floor?

(12 Posts)
CreamOfTomatoSoup Fri 23-Nov-12 15:32:02

Ok, so this is more of a wwyd but please give some advice!

Due to a cock up which has now been resolved, the cat was left overnight without access to a cat flap so he roamed the house and found a nice corner of my DS's bedroom to use as a toilet. Poor old cat sad We were all away at the time. DH discovered this last night and has cleared up the mess and I have returned this afternoon and despite leaving the windows open all day and night it STINKS. I can't let my baby sleep in there tonight. So what can I do?
The cot can't just be moved, it won't fit through the door and I don't have time/enough skills to take it to pieces while also looking after DS. I don't have a travel cot.
Option 1) Cot mattress on the floor of our bedroom, bit of padding around mattress in case he falls off. But he does wiggle and roll quite a lot in his sleep, although can't crawl yet.
Option 2) Moses basket on the floor. But he is very big and would barely fit in it.

Any other suggestions? I don't know what to do!

waitingimpatiently Fri 23-Nov-12 15:33:59

How old is baby?

seeker Fri 23-Nov-12 15:34:16

Just take him into your bed. Simple.

LiquidLunch Fri 23-Nov-12 15:36:11

Have you found all the poo?
Not some hiding in a corner or under something?
Shouldn't smell if you've cleaned it.

How old is your baby? I'd be inclined to keep baby in his room as it might be more trouble settling him elsewhere for one night

oreocrumbs Fri 23-Nov-12 15:36:18

I would just take him into my bed, or if you don't want to, then the moses basket on the floor.

celebmum Fri 23-Nov-12 15:36:26

Yep.. Put him in your bed.. It's not as if its forever! smile

valiumredhead Fri 23-Nov-12 15:38:08

Get some Zoflora to get rid of the smell!

CreamOfTomatoSoup Fri 23-Nov-12 15:43:05

He's 6 months. I didn't clean it, DH did, will investigate more later...

waitingimpatiently Fri 23-Nov-12 15:46:30

At 6 months, one night in your bed probably won't affect him. I would have DH on floor as punishment for doing an unsatisfactory cleaning job grin

Imnotaslimjim Fri 23-Nov-12 15:50:06

Sprinkle the area that the cat messed in with bicarb, that should neutralise the smell. I would give the room another look over though, in case some was missed

CaramelisedOnion Fri 23-Nov-12 20:57:35

put him in bed with you! Simple.

ClareMarriott Sat 24-Nov-12 20:43:55

Use a drawer out of a chest of drawers if it is only one night ( and there won't be any chance of him rolling out )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now