Talk

Advanced search

to be worrying what they might think?

(11 Posts)
Mimstar Fri 23-Nov-12 09:34:56

This morning DD was in a terrible mood from the moment she got out of bed at 6 o'clock. She didn't want to have a bath, didn't want to eat her breakfast, didn't want her teeth brushed etc - just moaned constantly.

Also, it's non-uniform day and she wouldn't wear the outfit I'd laid out for her, she just went in (rather faded) jeans, top and a woolly cardigan because it's all she would wear - it looks very plain. All the other little girls looked pretty and matching, and it looked like I'd made zero effort with DD sad At least the clothes were warm, and clean hey?

She's 3, she's in nursery. Usually when she's like this it's because she's coming down with something, because hardly ever has tantrums. We got to school and I asked her teacher to just keep an eye on her as I suspected she was coming down with something as she'd been a bit whiney all morning. Now I have got home and think I sound awful because I said 'whiney' and her teacher might think I'm terrible. sad

frootshoots Fri 23-Nov-12 09:45:56

Stop worrying. She is 3! No one cares what they wear, as long as it is weather appropriate then that's fine. Whiney is a perfectly fine thing to say, they aren't going to think you are terrible for mentioning to them that you are worried about her, are they?

brew

Mimstar Fri 23-Nov-12 09:49:28

Ah, thank you. Yes tbh I was glad of the woolly jumper because it's very cold - I'm probably just over-thinking it, it's been a long morning and I'm worried that she's coming down with something.

Thank you - coffee, great idea!

wonderingsoul Fri 23-Nov-12 09:50:24

had you told them she had been a little shit all morning.. then maybe you would nbu to think that.

but whiny is a perfectly fine and NORMAL thing for a 3 year old. ..hell for any child.

perwsonally i tell ds2 nursery workers if hes been a little monster that morning.. though they never belive me becasue hes the most laid back child theve ever seen. .. guess he just saves it fo rme then wink

WildWorld2004 Fri 23-Nov-12 09:53:50

She is 3 and at nursery. What is meant to wear if it isnt faded jeans & a top? I never put my dd in good clothes for nursery or school as they just get wrecked.

Dont worry yourself about the teachers either. I am pretty sure they have heard far worse than whiney from some parents smile

SantaisBarredfromhavingStella Fri 23-Nov-12 09:55:27

Ha, sounds like my 3 year old every morning-if she says yes to anything it's a good day grin

Mimstar Fri 23-Nov-12 10:06:02

Ah, thank you all. I feel a bit better now, I have a tendency to overthink stuff!

She's normally so good, so when she has mornings like this I don't know what to do!

ClippedPhoenix Fri 23-Nov-12 10:11:44

The teacher will probably agree with you by the end of the day grin

Trills Fri 23-Nov-12 10:15:54

YABU to worry.

Jeans and a cardigan is a normal outfit. Why would anyone think anything for you to worry about?

Poledra Fri 23-Nov-12 10:25:15

On her fourth birthday, my DD3 went to playgroup in a sparkly sequinned party frock. There was, apparently, a look of total horror on the playgroup leader's face until my childminder said to them 'It's OK, it's actually an old party dress which has been mended already, Poledra says it's fine if it gets paint or anything on it.' My CM said it was really quite funny to see the look of relief that then followed.

My point is that nurseries and playgroups prefer children to be wearing sensible clothes that the children don't have to keep pristine rather than expenxive outfits that can't get mucky. She'll be fine and no doubt will have been a wingless angel for the nursery staff to make up for being a grumpy whiny soandso for you smile

Mimstar Fri 23-Nov-12 10:26:34

Just because all the other little girls were in dresses/matching tights/matching ribbons/matching ribbons tired through their shoes etc.

To be fair, DD never wears those kind of clothes but I felt like it looked like I'd made little effort.

I'm a bit daft smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now