Talk

Advanced search

I don't think i am but i'm sure you might.

(7 Posts)
tinylittletears Wed 21-Nov-12 01:11:24

I know its not really the done thing on mn but i'm a little sad to say the least that dp didn't get me a card for our anniversary i wasn't expecting chocs or flowers we had arranged to go out for a meal nowhere special as we have had a very tough few months and didn't think we would even make it so he turns up half an hour late no explanation without even so much as a sorry or a card was i bu to just sul and go to bed feeling quite hurt and upset that he couldnt be bothered to get a card.

NatashaBee Wed 21-Nov-12 01:19:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

missymoomoomee Wed 21-Nov-12 01:21:34

DH and I have been married for 11 years and together for 13, we always forget. I never see the point in having set 'special' days as a couple it all seems so forced that you have to go out and have to be really in love on every anniversary and valentines day. Saying that if he knew it meant a lot to you he should have made some sort of an effort (did he maybe forget).

Did you get him a card? What did he say when you handed it to him?

VestaCurry Wed 21-Nov-12 01:23:14

I'd be sad too. An apology if forgotten would be ok, together with a short love letter smile.

tinylittletears Wed 21-Nov-12 01:27:26

As i said we have been having a few problems the last few months and haven't really done anything together so thought it would just be a nice thing to do i wasn't at all bothered about not going out or getting gifts i didn't expect one.

no he didn't forget he knew just didn't bother i suppose i got him one which is still sitting in the drawer he said we will open it together when he buys mine today (yesterday)

tinylittletears Wed 21-Nov-12 01:28:19

which i'm still waiting for

howdoo Wed 21-Nov-12 02:32:25

IMO, if he knew, and he would normally get you a card, and you have been having problems, it is a slightly passive/aggressive thing to do. It sounds like he is angry/resentful and did it (or rather didn't do it) for that reason.

Maybe give him yours (with a nice message in it) as a precursor to having a talk about it all?

(Of course am making assumptions that your problems in the last few months are not completely down to his or your fault...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now