Talk

Advanced search

To smoke

(37 Posts)
Softlysoftly Tue 20-Nov-12 21:50:27

Just the one? I can't drink as bf and fucking exhausted anyway (oh and ill yey) so would drop asleep on my never sleeping 6 month old, but I've had it to the eye teeth and need something.

So after not smoking for about 3yrs properly and 1 socially AIBU to have just one tiny fag tonight?

Isityouorme Tue 20-Nov-12 21:51:24

Don't do it ..... !!!

Sirzy Tue 20-Nov-12 21:52:05

Dont do it!

Kleptronic Tue 20-Nov-12 21:52:07

Don't do it, really. You've done so well and it's so hard, but really, just don't.

McChristmasPants2012 Tue 20-Nov-12 21:53:23

Don't do it

Have a nice hot chocolate or a cup of tea, if possible a long soak in the bath with candles and bubbles

Kickarsequeen Tue 20-Nov-12 21:55:07

You will hate yourself if you do. In 6 years time you will still regret it , and 1 leads to more. Cake, Biscuit, any form of stodgy yummy thing that tickles your fancy - just don't grab the fags.

Badgersnatch Tue 20-Nov-12 21:55:27

It's up to you, though you'll need to decontaminate before you touch the baby and remortgage because fags cost more than panda pubes.

Whatevertheweather Tue 20-Nov-12 21:55:38

Weird I've been thinking the same - I think because I've had a glass of port. But it will never be just one, it will cascade and before you know it you'll be burning through packs of 20 bitter experience I am not starting again - I've started again after 2 previous pregnancies in just that way. DD3 is 3 months old now and I will.not.cave.

So yes you would BU because I want one too but won't won't won't!

blush not about me I know, sorry as you were blush

Alisvolatpropiis Tue 20-Nov-12 21:55:41

Don't do it! I went 3 months without smoking,had one and I was back to it like I'd never stopped sad

leobear Tue 20-Nov-12 21:55:46

Don't do it!! You'll feel RANK!

cheeseandpineapple Tue 20-Nov-12 21:56:34

Yes. Slippery slope etc.

Eat some chocolate instead and improve your chances of winning a Nobel Peace Prize, plus chocolate tastes infinitely better than nicotine...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20356613

StillSquiffy Tue 20-Nov-12 22:00:14

Don't do it.

I gave up 10 years ago and get these cravings every 6 months or so. they last a few days then disappear again. Eat some haribos instead.

Smoking is something that your body makes you do in order to 'scratch an itch' and so make you feel like a non-smoker again, for a while. It's so totally pointless and unsatisfying. And if you've given up for a year it will make you feel slightly queasy too.

Get as copy of the allen carr book on smoking as it explains this really clearly and will make you feel a mug for even contemplating having a fag.

Crikeyblimey Tue 20-Nov-12 22:00:51

Don't do it. I hadn't smoked for 6 years and thought I could get away with just one. I could have bought a whole forest full of pube laden pandas by now sad

ewaczarlie Tue 20-Nov-12 22:02:33

Don't do it!! I was exactly the same when ds was 6mnths old. But I did have one now am smoking properly and finding it really hard to quit (which I have to do before ttc)
DON'T DO IT!!!!

Softlysoftly Tue 20-Nov-12 22:07:34

But I want one<<stamps feet>>, glad you understand Whatever

Gah I know DH has some in the house, which is more than he bloody well is even though i told him 6hrs ago I have come down witha D&V bug and am struggling.

Pandas pubes may have just saved the day by cheering me up sans fags. Thank you.

McChristmasPants2012 Tue 20-Nov-12 22:11:19

It is up to you, but from bitter experience it has lead to me back smoking properly again.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 20-Nov-12 22:13:01

Pour Fairy liquid on DHs fags and don't have one. One always means more with me. I haven't had one in 10 years now but I know one puff would have me right back on 0 a day.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 20-Nov-12 22:13:20

That would be 20 a day.

catgirl1976 Tue 20-Nov-12 22:14:26

Don't do it

I gave up as soon as I saw the positive pg test. Never touched another one from a 20 a day habit until DS was 9 months, I had finished bf and was just going to have one as we were on holiday and it didnt count

2 months later I'm on 10 a day, miserable and have to go through the shitness of quitting again

Don't do it. It's shit.

MissWinklyParadiso Tue 20-Nov-12 22:15:06

So you won't have a small glass of wine in case some of the alcohol gets to your baby but you're happy to pump your breastmilk full of nicotine?

McChristmasPants2012 Tue 20-Nov-12 22:17:17

I think the op is worried about falling asleep and rolling on to her baby, not the effects on BM

PomBearWithAnOFRS Tue 20-Nov-12 22:17:52

You could have one, but before you knew it, the damn insidious evil, vile things would have you back on 20 a day. That's almost £7 now, and the poison and tar and all that shit sad It is hard, I actually died of a heart attack and had to be zapped and I still crave one sometimes, even after I had to lie on my living room floor, with my clothes in shreds, and the burn from the paddle thing on my chest scarring me for life, while they lined up my children to kneel down and "say Goodbye to Mummy" and I still crave one, but I will be fucking BUGGERED if I will give in sorry, got all ranty there, am having a tough time lately and the urge to smoke is almost overwhelming and I Will resist.
You can too, you really can, look at that beautiful, gorgeous baby you made, and think about all the lovely memories you have yet to make together down through the years, and you can resist. Hang in there!

Narked Tue 20-Nov-12 22:18:07

It's not fun, honest. Your lungs want to take a deep drag like you used to, but your body can't cope with that much nicotine and makes you feel wibly. Then you get a headache.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 20-Nov-12 22:20:50

Blimey PomBears scary shit!

greeneyed Tue 20-Nov-12 22:21:46

Another one saying don't do it, I quit for 8 years, then had just the one... Just quit again (today) what a complete nonsense! By the way if you must have one, go buy your own, the price will shock you out of it! Oh and with bug etc it most definately won't make you feel better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now