Talk

Advanced search

Phone call because I didn't complete payment on website..

(15 Posts)
Fisharefriendsnotfood Tue 20-Nov-12 14:38:08

This has left me a bit hmm and I'm interested to see how other people feel about it.

I decided to buy the pelvic toner advertised on here, got through to the checkout and my card declined. Ds woke up so I abandoned the effort till later when I could transfer money.

About an hour later a guy rang me saying you tried to buy our pelvic toner but didn't complete the process what happened? I was a bit stunned and said my card hadn't gone through and he said you have two options go through process again on line or pay me now hmm shock

I must have filled in my phone number which shows how sleep deprived I am.. I feel like it was really full on and forceful to call. Don't really want to give them my money now, so AIBU to not place the order now?

Justforlaughs Tue 20-Nov-12 14:39:57

Not if you don't want to, I certainly wouldn't be giving him my details over the phone anyway. Re-order in your own time if you want to.

LadyMaryChristmas Tue 20-Nov-12 14:40:11

shock Pushy or what! I'd get it from somewhere else.

racingheart Tue 20-Nov-12 14:40:17

No you're not. Tell him your card declined, so clearly you haven't the funds to buy it this month and it's up to you whether you buy it at all!

EmmelineGoulden Tue 20-Nov-12 14:41:51

YANBU to not place the order if you don't like their customer service.

I think them calling you shows good initiative and posiibly a desire to improve service - I like that in a firm and wsh more would be as bothered about why customers so or don't shop with them. But the aggressive "two options" bit makes it seem like it is just about getting your money off you, and not about making sure they are selling what you need. It would completely put me off them too.

ElectricMonk Tue 20-Nov-12 14:43:01

Yes, I found their CS a bit full-on as well. I think it's intended to be helpful though, and the toner does feel like it's working (bought it as a preventative measure so can't say for sure) smile. Don't let it put you off buying one if you actually want/need it but send a short e-mail saying that you found the phone call a bit intrusive - companies can only improve their CS if they're told where they're going wrong.

YouSeveredHead Tue 20-Nov-12 14:43:12

Maybe a misguided attempted at customer services?

monica77798 Tue 20-Nov-12 14:51:08

You could have changed your mind for whatever reason and that is your decision, so the guy was being unreasonable by phoning to push a sale on you. but then he is probably just doing his job and might not really agree with it either.

Fisharefriendsnotfood Tue 20-Nov-12 14:52:40

Sorry for drip feeding but just remembered when I said my card declined and I'd transfer money and complete later he said he would keep an eye out for the order..

mrskeithrichards Tue 20-Nov-12 14:58:19

I'd feel a bit uneasy talking to a random guy about my pelvic toner purchase!

Fisharefriendsnotfood Tue 20-Nov-12 15:00:43

Yes, the whole point of Internet shopping if that you don't deal with people

MadBanners Tue 20-Nov-12 15:04:02

I would not like it and I would be put off buying from there tbh.

I do not expect to be followed around a shop, and upon putting something back on a shelf, be questioned as to why.

What would have happened if you had changed your mind? Had to listen through a sales pitch, surely one of the benefits of shopping online is not have to deal with pushy sales talk.

NoraGainesborough Tue 20-Nov-12 15:05:07

Done correctly, its good customer service.

I had a problem booking cinema tickets (website was playing up) I decided to do it later as toddler was pulling on me. But they called, asked me if they could help and was I aware it didn't go through. I told them what happened, they resolved it and put the order through. Took a couple of minutes. I thought it was great.

However sounds like this was done incorrectly. Yan U to not order from them.

ShatnersBassoon Tue 20-Nov-12 15:06:48

I would be a bit annoyed by that. You shouldn't have to explain yourself, and given the item you were thinking of buying I wouldn't want to discuss with someone over the phone.

Silverlace Tue 20-Nov-12 16:47:13

I agree they were probably trying to be helpful but came over as too pushy. I work for an organisation that accepts payment over the internet and the system can be unreliable, we often get the order and no payment but we e-mail the customer to tell them the payment hasn't worked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now