Talk

Advanced search

The ultimate Gary Barlow betrayal?!!

(12 Posts)
Moosylorris Mon 19-Nov-12 22:41:29

Ok firstly I'm stone cold sober though way over tired thanks to super stroppy three year old "princess" however he's the story best friends since 18 now both 32 as younger teenagers (Pre men and drinking) we both loved take that so when they got back together we went to see them and again when they did there last tour now I love Gary Barlow not in a obsessive face tattooed on body way but Christ he makes me weak in one place damp in another!! So when word spread about his solo tour my ears pricked best friend has music contacts so was going to see what she could do, anyway to cut long story short best friend said she couldn't get any - no worries until tonight that is when having a nose on my daughters fb page I looked at my best friends page and lo and behold is a message from one of her friends (a girl I know but not pally with) saying oh I love you had a qyick peak ar her (open) profile and yep they went to the concert. Now we've been best friends since 18 we don't even live near each other now I live in devon she in Cardiff (the concert was in devon!) yet we have always made a massive effort to keep in touch and see each other once a month or so, I might just be overreacting but I'm really quite hurt that age kept this from me. Opinions please!

Moosylorris Mon 19-Nov-12 22:43:24

Ahhh spelling mistakes!!! I apologise for shit spelling!!

corlan Mon 19-Nov-12 22:44:17

YABU for feeling 'damp' in any place at all about Gary Barlow.

Teabagtights Mon 19-Nov-12 22:44:22

What a bitch. That's plain mean.

GrimAndHumourless Mon 19-Nov-12 22:45:25

um

not sure really

you missed out on a concert because your bezzie mate didn't get tickets through 'contacts' and now you have the hump because you didn't bovver getting tix like normal folk do and she did?

GrimAndHumourless Mon 19-Nov-12 22:46:30

my eyes skittered over the damp places IYSWIM eeeeeew

chicaguapa Mon 19-Nov-12 22:46:57

I'd be livid! Not sure what I'd do in that situation. Sorry for you though. sad

chicaguapa Mon 19-Nov-12 22:48:29

Grim Her friend said she couldn't get tickets, so lied, and went with someone else. That's what the OP's upset about.

Pancakeflipper Mon 19-Nov-12 22:48:51

They might have got them last minute? That tends to happen when it's through contacts.

squeakytoy Mon 19-Nov-12 22:49:35

He is playing Cardiff in January.. just get a ticket for that.

FreudiansSlipper Mon 19-Nov-12 22:50:36

I would not lose any sleep over it you would have found out how boring and dull he is, this way you can still keep your illusion er going

mummydarkling Mon 19-Nov-12 22:53:10

got the jist.....how dissappointing. Try not to act in anger find out if she was offered these tickets at the last minute......tell her how hurt you felt not to hear about this from her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now