Talk

Advanced search

To put a tv in dd's room

(15 Posts)
piglettsmummy Mon 19-Nov-12 22:38:08

I have always been a firm
Believer that a childs bedroom is for sleep only and that it shouldn't have toys/ tv's in. However, because dd is on a ventialtor and does sometimes need it during the day I am now possibly considering having a
Tv in her room, to be used ONLY during this 'quite time' while she has some time on her vent while awake. Currently we put it on downstairs but it is quite noisy and she wants to continue running around everywhere ( impossible!) so putting her in her cot with a tv on for half an hour would be better for everyone, but I'm not sure I shud?

frootshoots Mon 19-Nov-12 22:39:45

If its better for everyone, then I don't see a problem.

SweetMingePie Mon 19-Nov-12 22:40:54

Go for it!

Not totally he same but ds2 has autism and we put a tv in his room for when he needed to zone out away from everyone.

Needs must and all that.

InNeedOfBrandy Mon 19-Nov-12 22:42:11

My dc have had a telly for almost a year, I could count on one hand how many times it's been turned on. Go for it if it will help I don't see the problem with it.

piglettsmummy Mon 19-Nov-12 22:43:38

I think I'm worried about disturbing her amazing sleep routine! She goes down good as gold settles herself etc i don't want to ruin it how do I make sure she understands it's only for her quite time? X

thebody Mon 19-Nov-12 22:45:36

Of course, a good parent does what they feel us right for their child and everyone has different circumstances and situations to deal with.

The sort of people who say 'I would never let my child do this/have this/wear this are usually a but daft and smug.

Go for it and hope dd enjoys/ benefits from this.

frootshoots Mon 19-Nov-12 22:46:16

How old is she?

thebody Mon 19-Nov-12 22:46:53

Oh that's easy, just explain to her from the beginning and never change.

She will accept it if its always the case.

musttidyupBeforeSantaComes Mon 19-Nov-12 22:48:30

What about a portable DVD player instead? Then you can just put it in their for rest time so won't affect her bedtime routine.

musttidyupBeforeSantaComes Mon 19-Nov-12 22:48:57

There goddamn not their.

avivabeaver Mon 19-Nov-12 22:50:11

second portable dvd player- much better idea than a telly

foreverondiet Mon 19-Nov-12 22:50:11

I would buy a 10 inch tablet, which is very portable, can be used with wifi for iplayer or you can loads films or other programmes onto it. Can be put in cot when necessary and then removed. That way its not hers, and its only in her room during the ventilator time.

DS2 (aged 2.5) has our tablet for 15 mins each evening while I sort out his older siblings. He knows its my tablet and doesn't ask for it at other times.

piglettsmummy Mon 19-Nov-12 22:52:54

frootshoots she is 2.3yrs x

GhostShip Mon 19-Nov-12 22:55:56

Telly with built in DVD. Use the DVD whilst she's young, and she'll be able to use the tv when she gets a bit older x

musttidyupBeforeSantaComes Mon 19-Nov-12 22:57:14

Yes forever even better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now