Talk

Advanced search

To expect that a company I interviewed at last week who said they would call me today...

(4 Posts)
frogspoon Mon 19-Nov-12 19:51:44

...still waiting.

ifancyashandy Mon 19-Nov-12 20:14:29

I interview a lot of people throughout the year. I say 'I hope to make a decision and call by such and such'. I always mean it. However, calling people to offer / turn down takes a lot of time. You have to a)wait for the person you're offering it to to come back / accept / stand down job before b)calling the unsuccessful applicants. And you have to allow time to discuss why they were unsuccessful.

You can plan to allocate time to do all these things but sometimes other aspects of the job become more urgent. Unfortunately.

I never object to recieiving a follow up / chasing email a day or so after the pre-arranged date.

frogspoon Mon 19-Nov-12 20:19:54

So would it be ok to phone tomorrow (1 day after), or wait until Wednesday.

This particular job has been messing me around for the last week and a half.

The interview was almost 2 weeks ago, they said they would let me know last Monday/Tuesday. They then informed me that there was a delay due to to an absent candidate with a sick note, but that I was currently the favourite candidate, so unless this candidate was even better the job would be offered to me if I wanted it.

Personally I don't think they should have told me I was the favourite as it has made me get up my hopes unnecessarily, they should have just let me know that the decision would take a bit longer.

Icelollycraving Mon 19-Nov-12 20:27:55

I think it's a bit off to have told you that.
I try to come back to people promptly but sometimes other things pop up.
Email or call,you have nothing to lose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now