Talk

Advanced search

to wonder how anyone on here

(50 Posts)
Justforlaughs Mon 19-Nov-12 13:53:58

remembers what anyone has said on another thread? I get it a lot, where someone says something like "I saw your thread the other day asking...." "....contradicting" etc. Am I the only one on here that spends hours everyday on here and still has no idea at all who has said what? I would have no idea if someone told me that they got on well with their DP and then 2 minutes later told me on another thread that they argue constantly, or that they had 3 kids and then somewhere mentioned their 8 children.

Sparklingbrook Mon 19-Nov-12 13:55:27

I am exactly the same Just. grin

Bearandcub Mon 19-Nov-12 13:56:30

Nope I'm with you on this but don't tell the MN Stasi who "research" posters.

Myliferocks Mon 19-Nov-12 13:56:45

I can just about remember which threads I've posted on and what I said. Never mind everybody else!

ImperialStateKnickers Mon 19-Nov-12 13:57:47

It does tend to be prolific posters with spectacularly rude memorable names and a distinct attitude that get remembered. Also some posters spend a lot of time in one particular area of the site and do seem to get to know each other.

missymoomoomee Mon 19-Nov-12 13:58:08

I only remember the really bizarre ones. (I just brought up body slammed Grandma on another thread because I recognised Ops name)

TraineeBabyCatcher Mon 19-Nov-12 13:58:32

Same here. On the very odd occasion I remember a name- normally when they have been a knob towards me. Other wise I never remember people/names/posts.

I tell you what grates on me, people who think your thread must be an extension of other thread even when you state it is not/you haven't read the other read/you don't even know which thread they mean.

Bearandcub Mon 19-Nov-12 13:58:52

Oh no posted too soon and missed the wink to lighten my post. Damn it.

Everlong Mon 19-Nov-12 13:58:54

Hhmm. I know what you mean.

I'm a bit rubbish like this too. Rarely I can remember stuff, depends what the subject is I think.

PeggyCarter Mon 19-Nov-12 13:59:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ImperialStateKnickers Mon 19-Nov-12 13:59:41

MN is now the default page that comes up on my Google Chrome homepage when I switch on, way in front of my email, news, ebay, amazon... blush

Pagwatch Mon 19-Nov-12 14:00:07

There are people on here who have spectacular memories.
I can never remember who has said what and I feel incredibly bad about that sometimes.

I could probably do with a spreadsheet tbh, if it wouldn't be quite so weird.

MustTidyPlayroom Mon 19-Nov-12 14:01:05

Me too - I am am the bottom of the thread and I now have no idea what your name is! Only a few people really stand out to me.

HoneyDragon Mon 19-Nov-12 14:02:41

Depends. I have remembered some people from way back. Others not so much. I tend to remember stuff if I've read it.

freddiefrog Mon 19-Nov-12 14:03:26

Some threads and names I remember, if they're in a similar situation I've been in, or similar problems with MiL, or something I'll remember it

Woozley Mon 19-Nov-12 14:04:36

Yeah same here, there are one or two posters I recognise the name of but wouldn't remember what they posted the other day!

Justforlaughs Mon 19-Nov-12 14:05:42

Now I need a [relieved emoticon] wink

TraineeBabyCatcher Mon 19-Nov-12 14:05:45

Musttidy- I frequently forget the op's name and often have to check it 2/3 times before I give them a response if I have their name in it!

wisden Mon 19-Nov-12 14:07:26

I seem to have a good memory for trivia/randomstuff so yes I can often remember what posters have saidon diffrnt threads. I could never understand when postrs said they didn'tnotice usernames though, I can't help but notice them when I read their post. Then my pc broke and I had to use my phone to look onmn and didn'tnotice anyones names.

Please excuse typing,my spacebar is fucked andmy "e" hasgone missing s am havingto use a pencil instead.

shoeprincess2 Mon 19-Nov-12 14:08:03

Interesting thread and quite appropriate at the moment. I had a conversation with MIL and she was asking me about what curtains we were going to buy for the dining room. I said "probably blah blah blah"; I had completely forgotten that we bought some last weekend!! In my defence, I have a 10 week old, so am somewhat sleep deprived, but my memory is shocking. And I definitely can't remember things that people say on mumsnet (memory like sieve). However, I can remember historical quotes from my A level 17 years ago...I'm concerned that I come across as being stupid, as I forget things people have told me. Ho hum!

Nagoo Mon 19-Nov-12 14:10:25

I remember posters for a lot of reasons, but it's 'feel' I remember, like if they are funny, or kind, or a nobhead.

I rarely remember specific stories about posters.

MustTidyPlayroom Mon 19-Nov-12 14:10:45

It's when it's a long thread and people start quoting from page 6 etc that I get confused and give up. Maybe I should forget tidying and pay more attention to detail on here?

rainonmyparade Mon 19-Nov-12 14:11:55

OP it amazes me every time it happens too! I thought the spreadsheet thing was a joke - but do you think people actually do that? shock I do recognise a fair few names on here but I don't know any personal details.

Having said that I know some Mumsnetters have suffered the loss of children and they do stick in my mind. sad

MustTidyPlayroom Mon 19-Nov-12 14:12:14

I notice names, they are just not important enough to remember. The odd one - Funny thread / sad thread / bizarre drama sticks, but the rest just seem to pass me by.

ChaoticismyLife Mon 19-Nov-12 14:13:03

I forget most of the stuff I read on here. Occasionally, though I do remember something someone has posted, some things just stick in my mind.

I also have to admit I tend not to read poster's names, just the posts, so when someone says something like 'Good advice from x' I then have to scroll back to see what x has said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now