Talk

Advanced search

I know I am.....

(22 Posts)
eragon Mon 19-Nov-12 11:13:55

unreasonable, as am jealous.
a single parent with 3 kids, can afford a cleaner.

both of us work part time, and are part time students. I have four kids , she has three.
I would love a cleaner but we cant afford it.

NoraGainesborough Mon 19-Nov-12 11:14:45

Eh?

missymoomoomee Mon 19-Nov-12 11:18:49

Those bloody single parents have everything... hmm

Anniegetyourgun Mon 19-Nov-12 11:20:41

Maybe she has, like, you know, a better paid job. Sometimes that happens.

eragon Mon 19-Nov-12 11:23:43

I really want one.
wouldnt it be wonderful to step in to a clean house you havent cleaned yourself?

civilfawlty Mon 19-Nov-12 11:27:19

I'm hiding this thread before I say something I regret.

squeakytoy Mon 19-Nov-12 11:31:09

um, how about waiting until you work full time, then you too can get a cleaner grin

* leaves thread before saying something I regret too *

Tweasels Mon 19-Nov-12 11:33:15

She obviously manages her money better than you.

Justforlaughs Mon 19-Nov-12 11:33:38

I'm jealous of anyone who can afford a cleaner grin, I'd have more time for mumsnet!

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 19-Nov-12 11:34:58

You might have been better off not saying the other mum was a single parent OP. You are going to be flamed.

I don't think the other woman being a single parent has much bearing on your envy over the cleaner (does it?). She has something that you envy. It happens. And it usually is an unreasonable emotion,which you know.

So accept you envy this one thing and move on. And never mention it to her in real life.

financialwizard Mon 19-Nov-12 11:35:51

I used to have a cleaner when I was a single parent, but I was working 0600 - 2200 at home and at work.

It was a god send because I didn't have to stress about keeping the house clean (not bothered about the tidy with a then 5 year old).

TeentheBean Mon 19-Nov-12 11:36:34

You've chosen to have 4 kids and only work part time. Maybe if you'd only had one kiddie and worked full time, you too could afford a cleaner. Think YABVU. Grass is not always greener on the other side, you don't know what her life is really like.

hhhhhhh Mon 19-Nov-12 11:41:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoraGainesborough Mon 19-Nov-12 11:51:34

so you are pissed off that she can afford based on the fact that she is a single parent? That's it?

Why don't you or your dp get a fulltime job while the other works part time and studies. Then swap so you both get to study but just not at the same time.

You know as opposed to whinging about a situation you chose.

CremeEggThief Mon 19-Nov-12 11:54:26

Jealousy is such an unattraactive trait. And a huge waste of time.

CremeEggThief Mon 19-Nov-12 11:54:51

Unattractive.

Whoknowswhocares Mon 19-Nov-12 11:58:34

Of course you can't afford it, neither of you are doing a full days work! What the hell do you expect!
You chose to be students. You therefore choose the downside as well as the up

fedupoftheworrying Mon 19-Nov-12 12:01:24

Do you know for certain she's paying for the cleaner directly or by choice? My house is cleaned - it's part of my tenancy agreement and the wages are payed through my (sky high) rent. I don't get a choice in the matter - it annoys me because I am £517 a month for a bedroom and shared bathroom/kitchen because of all the bloody extras they add on. It doesn't seem to be all that unusual a situation in private renting so it could be something like that?

Dawndonna Mon 19-Nov-12 12:05:46

I had a cleaner when I was a single parent. I found that otherwise I was bleaching the lavatory at midnight instead of finishing the marking I was supposed to be doing.

MissMogwi Mon 19-Nov-12 12:11:38

I took it from the OP that both she and the other woman are students, not her and her OH.

Regardless, what anyone chooses to spend their money on is their business. I don't see what relevance her being a single parent has got to do with it at all, should she not have the means for a cleaner if she doesn't have a partner? confused

Everlong Mon 19-Nov-12 12:13:35

Oh right.

Wallison Mon 19-Nov-12 12:14:57

Single parents should clothe themselves in sack-cloth and ashes while beating themselves on the back with birch twigs, obv. Not sit around eating chocolates on the sofa while the cleaner does everything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now