Talk

Advanced search

To think ds school should stick to nhs guidelines

(3 Posts)
FreudiansSlipper Mon 19-Nov-12 09:15:53

ds has been puking all night hopefully it has stopped and he has managed to keep down a little water.

just called his school and told them he has sickness bug (a few in his class have) and will not be in today or tomorrrow. School secretary asked how he was feeling I said he seemed ok sickness hopefully stopped he is very tired etc. She said well if he is no longer being sick and ok tomorrow he can come in our sickness/diarrhoea policy to stay off school is now 24 hours

I would like him to go back to school tomorrow if he is well as I am missing university and work really so soon.

I know lots of bugs are going round I just assumed schools followed nhs guidelines

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Mon 19-Nov-12 09:20:13

YANBU. I thought it was 24 hours too, as recommended by the Health Protection Agency, but I see now that it is 48 hours from last episode. I am a childminder and will be changing my policy in that regard.

see here

5madthings Mon 19-Nov-12 09:20:47

Our school says 24hrs but the pre-school says 48hrs as younger kids pass things round more easily/hygeine etc not as good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now