Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to leave my new job?

(8 Posts)
Trippingthelightfantastic Mon 19-Nov-12 09:00:46

I have a new job (3 months and part time) I do a similar job somewhere else part time which I absolutely love so when another one came up I jumped at it and was over the moon when I got it. I hate it for a variety of reasons but the thing which is making me want to leave now ie resign this morning is that it is the most poisonous environment I've ever worked in. Everyone is lovely to me (at least to my face) but they never stop slagging of my boss who although not perfect which boss is seems perfectly reasonable and trying to get me to join their "side." She knows Im not happy and the reason why and apparently its a long standing problem and keeps saying "you wont leave over this will you?" Financially I'll be better off if I leave (I have other work that I can do and earn significantly more money) but I just feel sorry for her.

Trippingthelightfantastic Mon 19-Nov-12 09:44:13

anyone??

expatinscotland Mon 19-Nov-12 09:46:09

I'd leave. Now.

flowery Mon 19-Nov-12 09:47:07

If you hate it and will be better off financially as well, surely it's a no-brainer?

Turnip09 Mon 19-Nov-12 09:47:11

Leave now before they suck you in!!! Especially if financially you do not need it...it's not worth it .

Trippingthelightfantastic Mon 19-Nov-12 09:56:01

The problem is that my boss is so desperate for me not to go which is kind of flattering and offering enticements for me to stay and I just feel guilty which is out of character!

Tailtwister Mon 19-Nov-12 09:56:11

Leave immediately. If you don't need to stay for financial reasons get out now. It's making you unhappy. You have no reason to stay.

Bogeyface Mon 19-Nov-12 10:27:57

If she is the victim of workplace bullying then she needs to raise it with her line manager, she shouldnt be setting you up as her ally, and then potentially exposing you to the same sort of behaviour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now