Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To expect a lost holdall to turn up?

(10 Posts)
lottie63 Mon 19-Nov-12 08:36:49

A friend left their holdall bag on a cross-country train destined for Birmingham last night. It had new boots, bought DVDs and their clothes in. Rang this morning and it's still not been handed in. AIBU to expect it to turn up. Any suggestions about getting it back?

valiumredhead Mon 19-Nov-12 08:40:57

I think you will be very lucky if it turns up. How annoying!

LIZS Mon 19-Nov-12 08:46:46

It won't have made it through to lost property yet even assuming it was taken off the train at Birmingham straight away and hasn't been taken off on further trips. Was there any id on it ? Call again in a few days and also ask where the other regional lost property offices are and call them. dh left our passports and forms on a train once but they turned up in Brighton Lost Property about a week later having been handed in further up the line then dh had to go there to claim them.

amroc18 Mon 19-Nov-12 11:19:53

Worth trying again in a few days definitely. Had a similar situation last year and it took over a week for my lost bag to be handed in a lost property at destination station. Good luck!

cumfy Mon 19-Nov-12 12:12:20

Que sera sera.

Were there no station staff around last night ?
Would have had a 99% chance if they had radioed the train.

squeakytoy Mon 19-Nov-12 12:24:28

YANBU to hope an honest person would hand it in, but if it has been picked up by someone who isnt honest, then its gone for good..

5Foot5 Mon 19-Nov-12 13:23:13

Yes keep trying. I prefer to believe there are still more honest people in the world than otherwise!

lottie63 Mon 19-Nov-12 13:44:33

Apparently the station master couldnt telephone the onboard train manager as the station and train were run by different companies. ??? . Will keep trying.

cumfy Mon 19-Nov-12 14:10:03

He surely could have phoned the next station ?

I must say I am extremely hmm about the different company excuse.

Was your friend in a rush or had many bags ??

fiorentina Mon 19-Nov-12 14:43:58

I registered my lost laptop online and it was returned the next day by South West trains. Can you register the details online with the train company?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now