Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed with DH?

(7 Posts)
MrsHelsBels74 Sun 18-Nov-12 16:06:16

DH told me he was going shooting this morning. He'd arranged for DS1 to go to grandma's meaning I was only home with DS2. He said he'd be back at lunchtime so I said it was ok to take my car so he didn't have to swap baby seats over etc.

Well, he's still not back. I had a message an hour ago to say he was stuck in traffic but even without the traffic he wouldn't have been home by lunch.

Now that I think about it he did this last time he went shooting so AIBU to be annoyed that he's not back when he says he will be & to not want him to go again? I had a few things planned this afternoon (nothing essential) but have not been able to do them because of not having the car (or pushchair) so have basically been stuck in the house all day.

LindyHemming Sun 18-Nov-12 16:08:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GhostShip Sun 18-Nov-12 16:23:05

I'm not sure. YANBU to be annoyed because I would be too, but you can't really not want him to go again.

Do you ever run late on things? I know I do, and a quick text to DP makes it all ok.

Its a bit of a waste of your day though grr

MrsHelsBels74 Sun 18-Nov-12 16:26:51

Yeah it's the waste of a day I'm pissed off about. I guess next time I'll know it's a day long thing & plan accordingly. I'm also pissed off that he says he doesn't spend enough time with the boys & yet spends a whole day of his weekend away from both of them.

OpheliaPayneAgain Sun 18-Nov-12 16:26:53

Is he shooting anything you need to cook?

If not, forget about it.

MrsHelsBels74 Sun 18-Nov-12 16:38:08

No he's been shooting paper targets I think.

CaliforniaLeaving Sun 18-Nov-12 17:40:25

If he's done it before then at least you know now, make him faff about with the carseat and keep your own car if he goes shooting again. I hate sitting about waiting for other people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now