Talk

Advanced search

to take my hat off to these youngsters (Chris Brown/Rhianna related)

(36 Posts)
MaryZezItsOnlyJustNovember Fri 16-Nov-12 22:44:31

The Original Rude Boys are a not particularly well known Dublin band and they have turned down what would have been the biggest gig of their lives so far.

They stated that they couldn't be on the stage with Chris Brown because of their stance on domestic violence.

I think it's great to see young bands standing up for what they believe in.

MaryZezItsOnlyJustNovember Fri 16-Nov-12 22:44:53

Oops: link

AlanMoore Fri 16-Nov-12 22:47:20

YANBU!

I am baffled by the "rehabilitation" of Chris Brown, he doesn't even seem sorry for what he did. Mind you we live in a world where Mike Tyson is a folk hero and the BBC handwring about being complicit in paedophilia and then play a record by Pete Townshend...

AlanMoore Fri 16-Nov-12 22:48:16

Well done that band btw - they won't regret that decision.

mrscumberbatch Fri 16-Nov-12 22:54:03

Good for them. Hope a better gig comes along for them.

Smellslikecatspee Fri 16-Nov-12 23:14:47

Purely on the basis of this thread I have bought thier album.

Nice to see people sticking to principles

And bonus it's good, the album that is

MaryZezItsOnlyJustNovember Fri 16-Nov-12 23:20:30

I'm really impressed by how impressed my teenagers are by this.

Both dd and ds2 are disgusted by the fact that Rhianna seems to be just forgiving him, without comment.

I think they are great - if you can get past the rappers Dublin accent which is incomprehensible at times.

FarelyKnuts Fri 16-Nov-12 23:21:38

Love the original rude boys but love them even more now for the impact that will have on young people.

threesocksmorgan Fri 16-Nov-12 23:22:48

yanbu

InNeedOfBrandy Fri 16-Nov-12 23:26:09

Don't forget the tatt he had done of her beat up face on his neck <boak> good for that band.

BunnyLeBOOwski Fri 16-Nov-12 23:27:00

Yes yes, very impressive and all but more importantly, in that photo, the fella on the far right???

<faints clean away>
<comes to and looks again>
<faints clean away>

MaryZezItsOnlyJustNovember Fri 16-Nov-12 23:28:21

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the tattoo.

Do you know, he could have stood up, admitted what he did was wrong, gone to the equivalent of rehab for abusers and apologised to the world.

Instead of which he (and she) have tried to brush it under the carpet and pretend it didn't happen - which is what so many abusers (and the poor women they brainwash) do in real life. It is such a bad role model for teenagers to follow sad.

MaryZezItsOnlyJustNovember Fri 16-Nov-12 23:29:10

He's yum, isn't he Bunny. ds2 has his autograph.

InNeedOfBrandy Fri 16-Nov-12 23:30:15

TBH and I hate to side with him even if he did stand up and talk about it we would all still hate him, Mike Tyson waffles on enough and I doubt one person on here would say they liked him/buy into him.

AmberLeaf Fri 16-Nov-12 23:31:14

YANBU

Good for them and it means for that they are not so well known and so missing an opportunity.

bigheartedwoman Fri 16-Nov-12 23:33:17

too right!
You know if i had my way ..KLAXON..i'd have every young teen to look back at the roots of Madness, the Beat etc.. where they came from nothing, and were allowed to express themselves in a non sexual way.

MaryZezItsOnlyJustNovember Fri 16-Nov-12 23:33:24

True, InNeed, but he could at least try to grovel a bit.

InNeedOfBrandy Fri 16-Nov-12 23:35:08

Yes it is galling that he hasn't even said sorry and still sells records. It should of been the end of his career.

Snazzyfeelingfestive Fri 16-Nov-12 23:42:04

Good for them!

junowiththegladrags Fri 16-Nov-12 23:42:28

Don't want to know how young they are...too depressing. Fine things as we used to say.
Album bought and linked to fb, to be fair though, all my fb are elderly like myself and unlikely to ignite a huge response but I tried. Good to see all is not wrong in the music world today.

bigheartedwoman Fri 16-Nov-12 23:47:11

Hard hat on.

I guess its up to us as parents to guide them, and if they go wrong just be there and guide them again and again . (mind you, if my son said he liked Brittany Spears, i'd shake my head) {grin]

junowiththegladrags Fri 16-Nov-12 23:51:27

Here the accent on the rapper, Lord it's lovely.

AmberLeaf Fri 16-Nov-12 23:52:51

It means more that they are not well known, is what I meant to say.

somedayma Sat 17-Nov-12 00:12:04

the tattoo isn't rihanna's face confused

horseygeorgie Sat 17-Nov-12 00:17:55

fans face

Oh my. He is lovely isn't he! That accent!
Ohhhh...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now